How to optimize a single page on your website?

CyberAlchemist

Can you share any tips on how to optimize a single page on your website?

What is the difference between SEO for a single page and a homepage or a category on website?

All your inputs are appreciated.

metafser

If you want to get rank any single page, you need to work like home page, what actually you have done in there. Onpage optimization is most important for getting rank.

ETA

Google prefers multi page sites then single landing page sites but if you are going to have just one page only, then you need to follow strict on page optimisation.

metafser

Why I need to rank homepage first?
Who said, you need to rank homepage first? But YES ! Home page is the most important part.

It will help rank internal pages?
That's why you need to rank Homepage first. Cause You need to pass some juice to your internal page. If you optimized first your homepage, page authority will be increased. That PA can help you to rank others internal page. Not only homepage. It can be any single page. But Homepage is best.

basicblogtalk

If you want to get rank any single page, you need to work like home page, what actually you have done in there. Onpage optimization is most important for getting rank.
Why I need to rank homepage first?

It will help rank internal pages?

Any reasons?
@CyberAlchemist..., I think that you confused the answer..

As @metafser said. He told to optimize your single like what you did on home. It mean that you have optimize onpage and then offpage as what you did on home...

If you want to rank a single page, I think that you should focus on build quality backlinks...

%40 links to your root domain
%30 links to single page with exact keywords
%20 link to your single with relevant keyword...

I hope it help..

lorettalschmitz

For a page optimization, A good quality content and Keyword density is all matters...
Check out the keyword density for a page.
One-word Keyword: .8 to 1.1% density. Two-word Keyword: .7 to 1% density. Three-word Keyword: .5 to .7% density.

kevinarndale

Firstly, you should make sure that your keyword/s feature in the title tag, H1 tag and meta description. Secondly, optimize the images (reducing the size of images to cut down on page loading time and choosing the correct alt-tag). Thirdly check that there is no content duplication and it has content that is at least 15% of HTML coding.

emilylynch

If your are looking to rank your sub page, initially you have to check the on-page factors. The URL structure of the page should be optimized with the proper keywords you want to rank. Meta data, heading tags and the content should be properly optimized. You should not only optimize the on-page for homepage, sub pages also need to have unique meta data. When you start to do link building focus the sub page.

hmmricha

I don't agree with most of the users that first you need to rank home page or internal page. Whatever page you want to rank, optimize web page, build backlinks.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.