Top on Redirection of Domain Name

azisurrehman

my website had been offline for one month. It was redirected to another domain name by a theif. Is there any possibility that it can get its original traffic ( e.g. it was 10k daily pages before redirection) NOW?

RDO Servers

You will need to determine what is causing the redirect.

First check you DNS and make sure the name servers and A records are set correctly.

Then check you website files for a redirect in the code.

Is your site built on a CMS (WordPress, Joomla, etc)?
If not, what programing langeage is it in (html, php, asp.net, etc)

azisurrehman

i have my domain back.... it is not being redirect now. I am asking about its ranking mate. :)

Steve32

my website had been offline for one month. It was redirected to another domain name by a theif. Is there any possibility that it can get its original traffic ( e.g. it was 10k daily pages before redirection) NOW?
I am sure you lose indexed by Google or other search engines because you turned off site for a month.

While you redirected site to another domain but you still want organic to new domain then you need to use 301 redirection which should do in .htaccess file or on your web system.

If you want to have good traffic back to redirected domain (pointed from old domain) then starting link building and quality posts daily.

SEOPub

Your rankings likely will return, but it is going to take some time. Google will have to recrawl and re-index the whole site and take notice that the redirection no longer exists. I would expect anywhere from a week to 3-4 weeks to see improvement.

One thing I would do to try to speed it up is to go into Google Webmaster Tools and fetch your home page as Google. I would do the same for main category pages. That should speed up the crawling of significant pages.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.