Monitor your backlinks?

jasonquey

Hey guys
I want to know what are the best ways to monitor your backlinks for your website. Basically I want to check which ones have dropped out and which ones just have been added. Is there a free or paid tool for this which works well?

I prefer free one :)

ericplotz1

Hey guys
I want to know what are the best ways to monitor your backlinks for your website. Basically I want to check which ones have dropped out and which ones just have been added. Is there a free or paid tool for this which works well?

I prefer free one :)
First of, in IM nothing is free if you want to make money. Nothing.

Scrapebox.

Harvest all URLs from site then scrape the web for the backlinks. It's the most accurate. All of this software turns up different results. SEMrush, Ahrefs, and Google webmaster tools.

Scrapebox is the only one I have seen that gets everything all sources name and more.

$57 with a coupon from the web and its the best investment Ive made.

markdenz

combination of google webmaster tools moz paid and ahrefs paid will give you a good approximation. try moz free trial 30 days but then nothing good is free

emilylynch

You can consider using Opensiteexplorer of Moz to find and keep track of the backlinks. Also make use of this tool, openlinkprofiler.org - It can help you find the impact you got for your back links. Both of them are free and easy to use.

kian.j

At work I am using ahrefs. There are two versions, a free one and premium one. We use the free one and it's enough. It shows whether your link building is working, all the domains that link back to you, your page rank and other stuff.

I suggest you try it too :)

royals

I use market samurai to track all my competitor backlinks and then create my own :)

angelajackson

According to my experience, Open Site Explorer is the best tool to monitor backlinks. If you take a paid version of it then it will be so useful.

HBAndrei

+1 for the MOZ and ahrefs free tools, they get the job done as good as it gets for free tools.

CIS - Jason

My personal favs are MOZ and ahrefs. Those are paid tools. There are a bunch of free ones out there too like smallseotools.

Also there is a Wordpress plugin called WP-Rankie that is pretty cool.

SEOPub

There are many free tools, you can use opensiteexplorer and smallseotools. Just Google it
I am using moz's opensite explorer since I am in this industries.

Both of those are awful choice for monitoring links.

I would use something like Majestic and/or Ahrefs plus any additional links that show up in Search Console.

Then feed all of those into SEO SpyGlass and run SpyGlass from time to time. As you add new links, add those into SpyGlass.

None of the link monitoring services out there do a good job of finding if the links still exist. SpyGlass will.

And Moz sucks because their link database is so limited.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.