Which one I should choose between SEO and internet advertising?

lkovnih226

Is it worth trying to get ranked on the first page of Google for highly competitive keywords or should I move on to other forms of internet advertising?

which one is better? why?

PluginForage

Both ways should be the ultimate goal. If the SEO is white hat, it won't be cheap. You can get really bad SEO pretty cheap, and you may rank for a while until Daddy Google decides to spank you. Somebody advertising 3000 back links in 30 days, run away, don't walk!

Maja

If your keywords have traffic,i think SEO is the best option for you. In long run SEO has very good results

PTTed

Is it worth trying to get ranked on the first page of Google for highly competitive keywords or should I move on to other forms of internet advertising?

which one is better? why?
It depends on your situation. If you are asking this question then I assume you probably aren't all that experienced with SEO. Assuming that is the case, then no I wouldn't recommend you try to target high competition phrases. If you are going to target those phrases, then you probably ought to think about outsourcing some of your SEO especially link building. And if you need to outsource your linkbuilding then it might cost you more than it is worth depending on your site and how much you stand to profit from a top ranking.

Without having specific details of your situation I would say you are probably better off targeting lower competition keywords and/or looking for other sources of generating publicity and traffic. That might include paid advertising and it might not. Again it depends on how much money you are likely to make from the traffic.

My advice to getting traffic for a website usually goes like this - First build a site that benefits a specific type of person and make the site good enough that this person will like the site once they discover it. Then identify places online where this person is spending time (might be certain blogs, forums, Facebook groups, Twitter, search engines, other websites, etc.) and figure out what you need to do to get those people to discover your site for the first time. Maybe that means you join a community and participate in it like you are doing on this forum. Maybe that means you need to buy advertising. Maybe that means you need to use SEO to target a certain phrase that you know your audience is searching for in Google. Maybe that means you should try to publish a guest blog at a popular blog in a certain niche. All of those are possibilities. It depends on your situation.

Alex Mercer

SEO is some kind of a time consuming thing. If you are not in any sort of hurry then you can go for SEO. Otherwise it would be a wise decision to choose internet marking for now on.

markdenz

Depends what you want and whether its long term or short term. Advertising is good for short term gains if you have good ROI / conversions .SEO is sustainable and constant free traffic in the long term thou it might take longer or be more expensive If I was you Id invest more in SEO even If i do some advertising

emilylynch

If your website has a customer/viewer base, you don't have to go with the internet marketing. Usually businesses who are looking to get initial set of traffic for their newly launched site will use this strategy. Also the established sites, use it to get traffic for the site. However you have to think whether you are getting return on investment for the money you are going to spend. SEO is the best option which most of the professionals would recommend.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
jms
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.