Marketing on Forum vs Social networks?

paulgl

Hey Guys,
As your experience, which is better for traffic and sales, marketing on forums or social?
For me, I got more sales from forum and traffic from social networks is better than forums while SEO benefits came from forums.

What about you? your thoughts!

Rana

hi paulgl, i think you are right. in forum basically same minded interested people are ready to gain his/her knowledge about business work, i mean in forum we can find serious people but in social media, people spending there leisure time. so thats the reason why forum is better than social media.
i think you also agree with me.

sunilgupta

hi Paulgl,

Today marketing depend on social media and forums in digital space, because every business owner wants to engage the audience to own the products. Both are good for generating leads and traffic, but according to my think social media is better than forums. 8 out of 10 people are using social media.

Archana

Social networks are the best platform from where you can generate huge visitors for your website at the instant. This is the best platform for attracting people who are always remain active in their Facebook profile. They can be converted into regular customer of yours and can increase your business sales for long time.

onlinestorehelp

Social media for paid, forums for non-paid. There is a reason most people are only using Social Media to build their list. Free marketing on social is a ton of work. At least a post you make on a forum will be there a long time.

ricksalas

I think it doesn't matter because you probably have everything in place that engages the right people and sends them through a funnel that is working for now. You have probably got sales from forums because you have already built some expertise and trust there. Social networks, in my opinion are mostly browsers and just seeing what people are doing. I think it's really different for everybody though. What works for one, even if they are very successful, usually doesnt work for anybody else. I think it's not about traffic and sales. I think it is more about helping people get results, building an expert presence in what you do best, finding out where people are that are asking the questions that you can help with and dominating that one place and building it out. Kind of have to spend time in places that makes you have that gut feeling.

royals

If you are good in your niche and contribute in your niche forum then people will PM you to hire you.

professorrosado

You need to identify your target market. Your target market has certain behaviors - on and offline. The question in marketing must always be, "where are my customers?" Are your customers more likely to be using a forum? Then which forums? That's where you need to be. Are your customers using Facebook? How? Then you need to reach them effectively on Facebook or any social platform (the way they use it).

Since social media appeals more to the visual viewer, your marketing should be very visual. Forum users are more text readers and problem solving oriented. You should use different strategies for each - however, some products may be more effectively targeted and sold via graphic social mediums.

cwvps1

Before you start promoting and doing anything really, you need to have in mind what do you want to do, how, when and who is your target group.Where is your target group of people, what is their structure, behaviour, habits. Then you'll learn where is the best to advertise to them. Overall social presence cannot be bad, but you won't advertise a recipe book for housewifes on a web masters forum. It's simple. But if you advertise web hosting, then you should be both on social media and forums.

AlyLauren

Both are effective in terms of marketing your website off page. Both social networking sites and forums contributes in creating a traffic for your website. If you are using both of this tool then it will be more easier in creating brand awareness and achieving a good rank on search engine sites,

sharonbreemj

I think it depends on the niche. Usually on forums you can bring more targeted traffic, but on social media you can bring more traffic and for the long run it has great potential. Also from my perspective social media signals contribute to your SEO and this is why I invest time in social networks.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views