Should I submit a sitemap for a new blog?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
I have just published a new blog which has 3 articles on it now

should I write at least 30 or 40 posts prior to submitting the sitemap or should I submit it with search engines for indexing right now?

RDO Servers

Go ahead and submit it.

If it's that new, chances are you don't have links to it so the search engines won't find your site.

Let them find your site now, then resubmit your sitemap with each new post. This way they at least see the site is being updated and page count increasing.

As the site grows, sitemaps actually become less important, as long as you have a proper internal link structure and backlinks to your site.

guptachetan121993

Hey Friend
Why are you waiting? Go ahead and submit your sitemap to Google now.
You shouldn't wait till 30-40 posts you publish. Submit your sitemap now so that your articles may rank in Google.

PTTed

I have just published a new blog which has 3 articles on it now

should I write at least 30 or 40 posts prior to submitting the sitemap or should I submit it with search engines for indexing right now?
If you are running a Wordpress blog I would just install a plugin to do the sitemap for you. Then the plugin will update your sitemap each time you publish a new post or page on your site. [URLnf="https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/"]Yoast Wordpress SEO plugin[/URLnf] does this for you automatically as does [URLnf="https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/"]this Google XML Sitemaps plugin[/URLnf].

Install a plugin right away so that you can forget about sitemaps and focus on your content. There is no advantage for waiting for more posts.

carldavies

Submit your sitemap straight away to google webmaster tools or bing. You only have to do this once, then it's done. Really helps to index your content in the search engines.

cwvps1

Sitemaps are important at the very beginning of your blog and to reduce bounce rate. The crucial factor on your blog is your content and its optimization. I would definitely focus on that and regularly create relevant and interesting content.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads