Backlinks from unrelated blogs?

lkovnih226

Hello Guys,

When I am checking my blog statistics in Google webmaster tool I am seeing my website linked on unrelated blogs, I'm doubting that if I get backlinks them then it can impact my website keywords.
Do these backlinks improve my website rank in search engine result pages or not? should I contact them to remove my links?

Thanks in advance.

PTTed

Getting inbound dofollow links from totally unrelated sources will still help increase your ranking as long as Google trusts the links. Google will trust the links as long as the domain the links come from is not a spam source and as long as the links aren't advertised as (or look like) paid links and as long as the links aren't part of an obvious link farm network.

The biggest thing you have to pay attention to is spam. If those sites aren't spammy at all then the links are probably helping you.

You do not need links from relevant sites at all to boost rankings. Your inbound links can come from 100% unrelated websites.

carldavies

Just focus on natural link building on authority sites like social bookmarking, article directories (enzies), web 2.0 sites etc. Poor links from low sites can take a negative in-pack on sites. Google and Bing's algorithms are sophisticated.

PTTed

PTTed
I think your heart is in the right place Carl, but I disagree with the advice you are giving. You said focus on natural link building, but creating links in any of the ways you mentioned are not natural at all. They are the opposite of natural. They are unnatural.

You used the term "authority sites" and bundled in social bookmarking, article directories (ezines) and web 2.0 sites as being authority sites, which they are not normally. There is nothing authoritative about them at all. Social bookmarking sites are spammed like crazy and have nofollow links. Article directories are spammed like crazy and mostly have really low quality content. Web 2.0 sites (subdomains) generally do not inherit any authority from their primary domain and therefore do not have any authority whatsoever. You could build a Web 2.0 site into an authority site if you make the effort to, but I don't think that is what you are suggesting to the original poster.

You said poor links from low quality sites can have a negative impact on sites, which is true. But then you suggest that he should build low quality links from low quality sites like the examples you mentioned.

Article directory sites are low quality sites and Google reps have said so. [URLnf="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo75Og4M34Q"]Matt Cutts even suggests you don't use them for link building[/URLnf]. Google reps have mentioned article directory links as being the types of links you should disavow if your site gets penalized from unnatural links. [URLnf="http://www.seoblog.com/2014/04/7-reasons-article-directories-hurt-site/"]Mitchell Wright[/URLnf] makes a pretty good argument for why you should not bother with article directories at all.

Links from Web 2.0 sites can be high quality or can be low quality depending on the quality of the blog/site created on the Web 2.0 site. Unless the content is decent quality and the subdomain acquires some link juice, those links will be considered low quality too.

Social bookmarking is generally worthless as a link building practice. It could be beneficial if you have a way of getting a dofollow link from a social bookmark somehow and it could be beneficial as social proof to make other people a little more likely to bookmark or share your content. But otherwise it is basically worthless.

If you want to get a link that is going to help your ranking, focus on getting links that Google is going to value. In my experience they do not value social bookmarks at all. They do not value article directory links at all (in fact these can cause a demotion in ranking). And the value of a Web 2.0 link is not any higher than any other link at all unless the page the link comes from has a measurable amount of link juice to pass.

talukdar

I don't think it is a good idea to get backlink from any where. You may not get penalize by Google but irrelevant backlinks can't generate traffic.

kian.j

If I were you, I would get rid off those links. You may have trouble because of them and you know how hard is it to rebiuld Google's trust.

ericplotz1

If its straight to your money site, it definitely matters. It's not going to affect the site negatively but from my experience they have 0 benefit if not relevant. Hard to tell because Ive never split test step by step, I've only blasted as supposed to, to make it look natural.

What I can tell you is that if you are seeing the post linking back to you that isn't relevant, blast it with Xrumer contextual links. Or if you can tweak some GSA settings then run a GSA campaign on those blogs linking to you with contextual links. Maybe even build a first tier of web 2's with FCS of Rankwyz and then blast those links with GSA. Keep ALL of the links contxtual though.

This is about all you can do. I've done it and it helps. I had a site link to me recently, that wasn't contextual and their TF and CF ratio was HORRIBLE. I watched in horror as my TF dropped a bit and so did ranking (for those that think TF isn't important) due to the fact that it's a new site. Only 3 months old.

To remedy the situation I just blasted some web 2s I pointed at the page with a GSA campaign (1000 links +/-) and outsourced some contextual Xrumer links.

Waiting for them to be indexed now but should do the trick.

What I'm seeing now a days is TF and social signals are boosting my sites tremendously.

Susan

I think the most important issue here is ... From what page are they coming from? and what is the PR?.. if they are coming from the CNN, for example .. then they will be very good backlinks .. and if they are coming form spamming or adult website .. they might harm your site ..

I do not think that you have to worry about them that much .. I don't think that google will go crazy because someone dropped your link here or there ..

vignesh67vh

I would like that the ask Im doing SEO for gambling related website should I post articles only on the relevant blogs, websites related to gambling?I found website with pagerank 4 where you can submit artcile to blog. There is so many articles related to different topics.

dlane1987

@susan is right it may be an unrelated blog but the chances are (assuming your not doing spam linking or haven't bought links) that this is relevant content in some way or they would not have linked.

Also any inbound link can result in traffic. So if you do find a link you don't want google to count don't contact the owner to remove it. Use google disavow.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.