Are social bookmarking backlinks spammy?

Laviskajoermoy

Hi Guys, I'm doing social bookmarking for my blog but almost they are nofollow links and I don't know if these backlinks violate Google SEO guidelines?
Please give me advice

PTTed

As far as the Google algorithms are concerned you can build all the nofollow links you want. It simply doesn't matter. They disregard nofollow links for ranking purposes.

So most social bookmarking is a giant waste of time as far as ranking in Google is concerned. If you got a manual inspection from Google, for whatever reason, and they saw that you had thousands upon thousands of bookmarks (without other corresponding signals) it might look spammy enough to make them think you are a spammer. But as far as the algorithms are concerned, it just doesn't matter.

Last edited:

sunilgupta

Hello Sir,

I am not agree with you, because google never said in own blog and speech.....Bookmarking not consider in google ranking..best method for creating backlinks from engage people. you should doing social media and engage on farums.

talukdar

Bookmarking backlinks are not spammy but they don't play an important effect on SEO.

cwvps1

I found that social bookmarking is a big waste of time. For me, at least. Social media networks, especially Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn are much more effective. Also, participating in forums and blog commenting, where you actually communicate with people and interacting, exchanging ideas and experiences and at the same time build links and traffic is more worthwhile.

hrishivardhan

It depends on the type of social bookmarking sites and how many sites you are using for bookmarking. The back links from Pinterest, StumbleUpon, digg would be not consider as a spam links.

Last edited:
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.