What does TRUSTFLOW means ?

lord

Hi,

Trustflow means only the total backlinks ? Or what other issues we must do for increasing trustflow ?

What do you think ?

Thanks

Mark007

Trustflow resembles the trust a webpage has based on the backlinks built from various external trustworthy domains. It has nothing to do with the total count of backlinks for your website. It depends on the domain from where the backlinks are built. The more backlinks built from various authority and trusted webpages, the more is the trustflow of your website in search engines.

lord

Thanx Mark, You mean one worthy backlink is better than 100 backlinks for the increase of trustflow?

elcidofaguy

Trust flow is a third party metric provided by Majestic SEO in addition to CF (Citation Flow)... Its an attempt to evaluate how trust worthy a link is from a given site i.e. is the link from a spammy site?

In my opinion its a better metric than Moz given Moz DA can easily be manipulated with spam links...

A good way to assess a site is to divide CF/TF and the closer to the value one and you potentially have a great site i.e. quality links and is trusted by G...

SEOPub

Hi,

Trustflow means only the total backlinks ? Or what other issues we must do for increasing trustflow ?

What do you think ?

Thanks
I would not focus on increasing your Trust Flow. That is a totally useless exercise. It has no impact on rankings.

elcidofaguy

This discussion regarding third party metrics keeps coming back lol... and generally speaking in the same way too...

Hopefully most people are aware that Google does not use such metrics as part of its ranking algo... But lets clarify one thing in the absence of a metric provided by Google (noting PR is no longer updated) then it doesn't leave much other than to use third party metrics as part of an assessment versus one based on nothing....

Third party metrics are in most part an attempt to replicate, understand Googles algo... Indeed they can all be manipulated as was the case with PR... But in the same token they do provide an indication... e.g. situations when you are looking to buy a PBN site, purchased/aquired link etc...

As the saying goes correlation does not equal causation - which clearly is the case with third party metrics... but the key thing to note is correlation is what 3rd party metrics aim to do....

In otherwords you would have to be insanely stupid to opt for the latter and base assessments out of thin air....

lord

May be from now on, webmasters care the trustflow, because Google will not tell public about the pagerank of websites.

So we need some references like Google pagerank, and the TF/CF can be the refenrences.

What do you think about what to take reference for a website?

SEOPub

SEOPub
That is fine, but focusing on trying to increase your TF is stupid. Just like people who used to focus on increasing their PageRank. That was also stupid.

You should be focusing on your rankings and traffic. That is what matters.

lord

lord
Yes i agree with you, but my rankings are good, trustflow is low. So i think, now it is time to increase my trustflow.

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
As SEOPub rightly pointed out - the only focus should be on actual results i.e. rankings and traffic.. Key to that are the various moving parts of on-page and off-page SEO i.e. backlinks from quality sites which G trusts and has a level of authority, use of silos etc... etc... The knock on effect will be that 3rd party metrics may reflect that but at the same time I would not stress out about it...

In fact a lot of IM'ers block bots from third party metrics i.e. majestic, moz etc - as they do not want to reveal their methods to ranking... This makes a lot of sense when you consider competition analysis for the top spot... So as you can hopefully see there is much more to this than meets the eye...

Third party metrics have their use... For me that relates mostly to link acquisition activities when it comes to assessing the risk of spending money....

If you are saying your rankings are good - then why waste your time on a third party metric? Your focus should be rankings and conversions together with assessment of ROI whether it is time or money invested vs. profits made....

As mentioned before the discussion of third party metrics keeps re-appearing and I really see SEOPub's point with not beating around the bush when he states its not a metric that G cares about.... What is frustrating is the misconception that these metrics are part of G's algo.... Its not.... But as mentioned they definitely have their use but I fully believe not in the way you have indicated on your above response...

That said best of luck!

lord

I see some people around ( actually most of them ) trying to increase their trustflow value. Why are they trying hard for increasing such a worthless value?

The trustflow is not a reference, and after both of you shared the same idea, the real reference is the rankings on search engines and the visitors.

Thanks again

lord

If one worthy link increases the trustflow, then we dont need to care about it. Because it is simple to buy a link or post.

dafthost

Yes i agree with you, but my rankings are good, trustflow is low. So i think, now it is time to increase my trustflow.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Sid
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.