Is forum posting better than other SEO off page activities?

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
Why forum posting is better than other SEO off page activities like directory submission, Yahoo answers, social media submission, blog comment, social bookmarking?

What is your experience?

thanks

PTTed

For starters, I wouldn't call Yahoo Answers, social media submission, blog commenting or social bookmarking to be off page SEO activities. I would call them generally a waste of time. They won't lead to good rankings.

Dofollow links from juicy pages are what leads to good rankings, combined with good on-page and good site-wide SEO practices. That is my experience.

Forum posting can generate traffic for you, and good traffic too if you are posting on a forum where your audience visits a lot. And you can get some good links from forums if people reference your pages as sources of information about what they are talking about, and if those pages that link to your website are pages that acquire PageRank and if the outbound links on that forum are dofollow links. But that is a lot of "if's".

The best reason to post on forums is because your audience is there. There are other much more effective ways to get links that will actually help boost your rankings. And most of those other more effective ways aren't ways that Google would like if they knew what you are doing.

That is my experience.

guptachetan121993

I don't think that forum posting is the only thing which people should do.
Forum posting , Blog commenting, social media submission is all are the part of building relationship with other bloggers and webmasters.
Every activity has their own value and importance and We can't say that forum posting is best and others are not.

Susan

It depends on many factors .. for example are they Do-Follow or No-follow .. what is the page rank .. social media submission might be a waste of time (to some extent) in regard to backlinks .. but it can be used to drive traffic and relation .. creating a group on Facebook might be extremely valuable for some businesses while for others it might be a total waste of time .. all depends on the business

royals

doing forum posting in a smart way is beneficial, If you are just going to throw links in forum without any sense, It wont help at all.

jammiecutts

Forum posting is better because Forums have good traffic source. People discuss their questions, problems and if you have the solution to their queries then they are more likely to trust your link and will surely visit it.

Archana

Forum posting is helpful to some extent as it contains huge number of visitors on daily basis. But, other SEO Off page tasks like Guest posting, social bookmarking, PBN, QnA, Blog posting, social media marketing, search engine marketing etc are much more helpful than forum posting. These tasks helps to generate huge traffic on a website instantly. One can get the opportunity to elaborate about a particular business by doing the above mentioned tasks of SEO.

professorrosado

I have always been a promoter of "OTO". Not "One Time Offer" but "Organic Traffic Optimization" (this is my term so if you use it give me the credit like a big boy!) :)

What it means is the effort in strategically placing links where they will bring the most targeted traffic to your site. This effort crosses into SEO but it doesn't depend on SEO for the results.

I believe with social media and other viral capable mediums - available today that were not when SEO became a necessity - we have now a viable alternative to SEO and the SEO mindset.

It will soon be possible to make a website popular with hardly any intentful SEO at all. Quote me on this!

SEOPub

Actually, Google is taking steps to make it even more unlikely that they will ever lose their place in the market. For example, they recently did a test and now went live with AdWord ads in the San Francisco Bay Area for service providers where searchers can actually request a quote right from the SERP. No need to leave Google at all.

[URLnofo]http://searchengineland.com/google-home-services-ads-plumbers-locksmiths-san-francisco-beta-226469[/URLnofo]

If they keep innovating like that, people are going to continue to go to Google for those type of searches. It would be dumb to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. for that kind of search.

SEOPub

I have been hearing this argument for years now that social networks were going to eat into Google's search dominance. It has not come even remotely close to happening yet. Again, people are not searching for a dentist, accountant, lawyer, doctor, or hardware store on Facebook. They are searching in Google and will continue to do so.

Social networks will also never be able to take search volume of people searching for facts, locations, how to do something, etc.

kevinarndale

Well, its all about how you manage the off page and on page activities in a proper way, Give enough time to each one of them. None of the techniques are waste of time you must be tactical enough to use them

jamesborner

Yes forum posting is better than other SEO Off page activities. If your post not like a spam. It is a very important activity to create backlink and discussion about your product and service.

ridgley

I believe forum posting, blog commenting, social bookmarking, guest posting and other off-page seo are useful in driving traffic and rank. If it will be done properly. After all most of us doing or done different kinds off-page techniques and before focusing on one off-page techniques. It only differs on what techniques is more effective to get high traffic and rank high. Since we have same aims that is drive more traffic and rank high.

irichard

I think forum posting is better than other SEO off page activites because I think forums are constantly being updated and Google like sites that update a lot.

cwvps1

I like going on forums, learning and gathering new information. Of course, it all depends on the forum, how good it is and do moderators fight spam. But I really like the way the browsing through forums and reading threads give me some new ideas and an opportunity to have my say and reach my target audience. If I get some traffic with it, then yey, I'm happy.

rajivsinghi

Forum posting is the best way to get traffic and relevant people. because it is a platform where so much people can interact with each other at same time they can post their reviews. This is the best practice for SEO because with this we can generate backlinks as well.

Ben Hartsuff

It all comes down to you asking yourself the question. Is this the best place to spend your time for the return you are going to get out of it? This poses the question what are you trying to get out of it. Without knowing these it is hard to answer the question.

jimi1980

forum posting is good for generating traffic but these days just traffic or ranking cant not help you achieve the goal that you always wanted these days the idea is to generate more and more leads to your business so you need to work on that, for me guest posting is mu better

adi123

It varies from business to business which technique is most suitable.All the SEO techniques have their own values.One technique is good enough for direct traffic but has nothing to do with rankings and vice a versa.So it is better to understand your requirement and use the most effective technique for the timely help.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.