Having a CAPTCHA is killing your conversion rate?

JohnASimpleWorld

I have removed catpcha on some eCommerce websites for reasons they are too difficult to pass with customers. Some days later my website orders increased and I think about removing captcha is effective way to increase conversion rate or website sales. Does any one give any thoughts on this? should we do this and it's exact?

smallbudgethosting

the newest version of recaptcha has it so people click, I am not a robot. so far google has improved it over time.

one of the problems with recaptcha is the on going issue of bots and auto filling data.

When it comes to captcha it is a hit or miss situation. There are others besides using the numbers out there, there are ones that make you repeat a sentence, or put a puzzle together..

honestly it is to each their own really.

starfishratings

Hi,

Avoid Captcha's if you can. They cause 'Friction' it interrupts people right when they are doing what you want them to do .. they are signing up to your business.

Ask yourself .. is it really necessary? Can you accept a certain percentage of dummy7spammy emails in your form? Will not having a Captcha damage your system?

smallbudgethosting

yes it is necessary, in this case. unless you have the stop forum spam module installed in your software. that can eliminate part of the problem.

tarunap

Captcha is necessary as it avoids spamming and ruins your server. Keep a simple one but do keep..

AndiLim

I have to admit that I really hate captcha since its pretty much hard for me to enter a certain website or forum. If captcha don't allow me to enter a website after trying two times what I simply do is just leave and search for another one. With that conversion rate gets affected, but of captcha is also important to ensure that spammers won't be able to enter your site.

Ron Killian

Of course website owners hate Captcha, UNTIL their site starts getting ton's of spam. Just like how they hate pop-ups until they discover how how effective they are :)

Some times it's a necessary evil. Thought I agree, I have never used the ones that create funky images that are difficult to read or reproduce.

But as already stated, the new Google captcha is a simple click. So much easier. Not many excuses left now.

Salmonjames

Removing captcha is good as far as you are getting some real leads and sales. However, I would say that in such spammy world, the bots and scripts have made things really difficult for online sellers. However, I would say that the search algorithms of Google are now very much refined and it has lead things to the new dimension.
So instead of removing Captcha, you can make it simple and human friendly.

vishwa

Captcha definitely slow down your website conversion rates. You can use CDN services like MaxCdn, Cloudflare etc. to prevent your site from spamming. Using CDN doesn't required to use captcha at all.

FreebieBoy34

I have removed catpcha on some eCommerce websites for reasons they are too difficult to pass with customers. Some days later my website orders increased and I think about removing captcha is effective way to increase conversion rate or website sales. Does any one give any thoughts on this? should we do this and it's exact?
Not necessarily because these things are created to prevent spammers from messing up with your site/business. I think the issue is not about hindering your customers to convert, but it's more of how you make use of captchas to your advantage... I have used captchas in most of the sites I've created (even in an eCommerce site) and I haven't encountered any issues regarding its effects on the site's conversion rate...

Brandfuge

I don't think so,
Having captcha gives trustworthy to the users and reduces SPAM bots to enter into your room.

Conversion rate, yes when a user see a captcha something like this.
Captcha-Comic2.jpg

daniel27lt

Before I started using captcha's, I was getting over 1000 dummy accounts created within a gaming site I operate. With no activation's, just sign ups. Since then, now all users are 100% real.

Like it was mentioned within a comment above, using the Google's ReCaptcha is the best option. It's making life so much easier for new users. It's also spreading like wildfire around the net, meaning more and more website owners are using it, therefore making it very familiar.

Ron Killian

And the fact that is doesn't get much easier, just checking a box.

Hopefully the bad guys don't find a way around it. :)

Jen

I think that many people don't have a problem with a captcha unless it's one that is not quick and easy. Some of those word captchas are hard to read and myself and others just leave the site because of the hassle.

Trinhmedia

most e-com store don't use captcha so when you use captcha, some customers might found it annoying. interrupt customer like captcha is not a good idea. i suggest don't use captcha. use extra plugin or app for web security.

DTS-NET

hard captcha will cost you business if its to hard customers will just buy on another site and allway give a customer a way to contact you this way if there is an issue with your captcha you can know about it

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.