Is WordPress the best CMS for SEO?

Maxoq

I am considering switching my current blog over to WordPress cms to help increase my organic traffic for some specific keywords. Planning on using SEO plugin like seo by yoast, unlimited SEO plugin to help as well. In your point of view, is WordPress the best CMS for SEO or more good SEO plugins and friendly with Google?

PTTed

I think Wordpress is the best CMS for blogging as far as SEO is concerned. It is super easy to automate and implement and to make site-wide adjustments. The coders who wrote Wordpress produced a program that makes websites easy to crawl for search engines and also promotes a decent SEO friendly site structure for the most part. Feeds make it very easy for Google to find new blog posts. With a few plugins and minor modifications, most Wordpress themes are excellent for SEO.

You don't necessarily have to use any CMS at all though. Early on when I was trying to learn how to blog, I created a couple of blog sites that were built with manually coded HTML.

With the hand coded HTML you can do absolutely stellar SEO on-page and on-site SEO. It takes more time to produce new posts than most people would want to spend though.

cwvps1

WordPress is definitely the best, but of course, it's not magic. You have SEO plugin Yoast which is perfect and very easy to work with, but still you need to have some knowledge about website optimization.

thakurblogger

I am using wordpress for almost 2 years now, its just amazing CMS to work on. Give easy access to your website with some great plugins. Wordpress plugins make it more effective. You should try this.
But using WORDPRESS doesn't means that it will increase your organic traffic. For that you need to work on your site's SEO.

rajivsinghi

@ Maxoq

Yes, Wordpress is best and quite simple CMS for any website and blogs. Even it helps to maintain website presence in Google. This CMS has a good quality plugins which help to make site more SEO friendly. Like as you mentioned you are going to use Yoast plugin. So there are lots of another plugins and they can help anyone to make it simple.

I hope you will satisfy with my discussion..

Thanks & Regards,

Rajiv Singhi

CIS - Jason

Wordpress is not even a true CMS. It is more of a blogging platform. Over the years though it has become the most popular platform for building websites.

The plug-ins are what make Wordpress the go-to choice for people building websites with SEO in mind - specifically Yoast. There are many SEO related plug-ins out there but Yoast is the most popular nowadays by far.

Years ago I searched around for a platform besides Wordpress. I wound up using Joomla for a number of years but eventually came back to Wordpress. You just can't beat it.

professorrosado

I heard so much on building without WP, but after HTML and Frontpage, WP was my logical and most reasoned choice. Many developers feared not being taken seriously with WP, but if a pro can't make WP flip and dance more than the next guy, he isn't much of a pro.

Go ahead and let me have it! :ranting_w:

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.