Ideas on how to promote a NEW blog post

Tshepo

I'm not sure what I am doing to promote my blog posts and here's things I am using when I have a new post on my blog.
- Sharing to social networks (Facebook, Google+, Twitter,..etc)
- Comment on blogs that are in the same niche as mines
- Leverage the power of "answer" websites such as Yahoo or Quora;
- Searching for forums in targeted niche forums and promoting via signature or sharing useful content.
- Making 3 to 5 videos around my blog and uploading to YouTube
- Break it into smaller parts and add them to article directories

Are you missing some important points in the list above? need your suggestions with new ideas!

rajivsinghi

I'm not sure what I am doing to promote my blog posts and here's things I am using when I have a new post on my blog.
- Searching for forums in targeted niche forums and promoting via signature or sharing useful content.

Are you missing some important points in the list above? need your suggestions with new ideas!
You are on the right path but use some other techniques like make your content more impressive with bold the main keywords, Put keywords on the right place. Even if you are using images in the article then use alternate text for images. Alternate text should be main keyword....

Use web 2.0 sites to make it done ( WordPress,Blogger, Weebly)

I hope you will satisfy with my answer....

thanks

PTTed

I think you are off to a pretty good start. Here are some other things I would do:

* Skip the article directory thing if you are doing it on typical article directories like EzineArticles.com or similar sites - it is a waste of your time and isn't going to help you one bit. It won't get you any traffic at all and the links are either worthless or possibly working against you if they are dofollow.
* If the forums you are joining allow people to put irrelevant links (spam) to random unrelated websites like limousine companies or lawyers or random whatever, then don't build any "dofollow" links from that forum to your website.
* Add internal links to your blog posts where you place a contextually embedded link from inside one blog post to another one. Do this whenever the opportunity arises to do so. Every time you are mentioning something you have already explained in a previous blog post, go ahead and link back to that blog post.
* Consider creating a handful of epic blog posts that are extremely helpful to the visitor (like a detailed tutorial about something) Then link back to those epic blog posts from inside your own blog and also get some external links pointing at them from other websites by doing some guest blogging.
* Take the time to make friends with other bloggers in your niche. Link out to their blogs, share their posts on social media and befriend them. They can be great sources of links, traffic and social proof.

epicstate

epicstate
Are you mentioning to creating a series of blog posts with same topic and building internal links between them?

PTTed

PTTed
I am suggesting that he creates a handful of really great really thorough high quality blog posts where each one is about a different topic. They can be related topics, but each one should be its own specific topic.

Those epic blog posts would serve as landing pages and link bait. They are intended to attract links and also to serve as high ranking pages that will attract visitors. You promote those pages by pointing links back at them from the other pages and blog posts on your site. You also promote those pages by getting links from other websites that point back at those epic posts on your site.

I would place links on the homepage of the website pointing at those specific "epic" blog posts that are intended to attract traffic and links. And I would salt those epic blog posts with "social proof" by making sure each one of them got shared on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites at least a dozen times or so. Then show the share count to other visitors so that it looks like those pages are already popular and it makes them slightly more likely to share it also.

vishwa

You are moving on write path. Just implement these strategy and work more on it. you will get Success, Good Luck.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.