How many sources of getting traffic?

Sharebestcccam

Everyone is using different ways to grow his/her traffic for their products, websites , blogs, etc. I want to know your point of view about How many sources you use getting traffic?

PTTed

In most cases I stick with two primary ways of getting traffic - whichever ways are most efficient and most effective for me.

For example, if I am promoting an information based authority site/blog where the site shares information about a specific topic, then I will typically promote it using SEO and referrals. So most of the traffic comes from Google. The rest of the traffic usually comes from a wide variety of websites such as Facebook, Twitter, guest blog posts, white hat links earned from other sources (usually blogs and forums) or links from whatever forums I promoted the site on. With Google, the traffic will be concentrated mostly on a handful of shorter keywords along with a large number of long tail phrases associated with those shorter keywords.

So even though I am focused on getting traffic using 2 methods, the traffic usually comes from a wide variety of other sources. Most of the traffic will come from one source, usually Google organic search. And then the rest is trickle traffic from a wide variety of sources.

If I am promoting a business, I typically use a combination of SEO and PPC (usually Google Adwords). In that case, the vast majority of the traffic comes from Google. If that works well, I typically won't use other methods. If it doesn't work well, I will explore other options like banner advertising on relevant websites or content marketing of some kind or a combination of content marketing with Facebook ads or whatever else I can come up with for that situation. Most of the time though, the SEO and PPC work very well.

sbweb

Agreed with @PTTed

The type of site usually determines what traffic source I use. SEO and PPC being the main sources. There are other traffic sources like pops and zero click, but it's harder to convert these types of traffic due to lower quality. But if you just want traffic and not too concerned about making a sale, then it may work for you.

sagabizsolutions

Social media networks (Facebook ,Twitter ,Google+ , Pinterest , Tumblr , Stumbleupon)
Youtube
Slideshare
Search engines
Google+ local pages
Paid advertising ( Google Adwords , Facebook Ads)
Rss Feeds
Offline Sources (business cards)
Guest Posting For Traffic

Alby

I would focus more on getting targeted traffic rather than just traffic. There are numerous ways to get traffic but not all will be ideal for your particular niche.

adi123

Social sites like facebook,twitter,g+, pinterest, tumblr etc. are good source for attracting traffic.
Other than these sites you have youtube, dailymotion ,slide share, scribd etc. to share your video creations and Presentations as well.

vertexplus

There are numerous way to get traffic such as
Social media site: Facebook, linkedin, twitter, pinterest
Google Adwords
Search engine submission methods: On page SEO & Off Page SEO
More over this, website content should be relevant to business service which you provides to customers. Content is the king of digital marketing so always take quality based content.

jyy

My drumming forum and employment forum get traffic from Facebook posts which link to specific threads. Ultimately, though, I'd like to expand the drumming traffic by getting banner ads on other drumming forums. Note, as far as the employment website is concerned, possibly more boosting on Facebook will do the job. Anyway, the best traffic would be from AdWords or BingAds, but it's just too expensive for me right now.

Gh0st4unt3r

I use 2 of the most popular ways and is the way forward according to most using Social media and SEO / Backlink.

There are many forms of advertising that also works depending on what you are promoting / selling / sharing, from affiliate offerings to word of mouth sharing your ideas on fellow sites that have a similar interest in your niche which sparks or share interest in your idea, product, service or community.

vishwa

My primary source of traffic is SEO as most of my traffic is coming from search engines. However I am also using Social media sites, blog commenting, web 2.0 sites, Guest posting etc to drive traffic for my website. These are some of the best way to get quality traffic to your website.

chiru77

I use Social media websites like Facebook ,Twitter ,Google+ , Tumblr and Search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. Guest Posting & Forum posting are also a good sources to get referral traffic.

mikeschwalbach

For getting more traffic to my E-commerce websites, I use just PPC and Social Media marketing. Also, I do SEO backlink building process to get organic traffic. You can start it for getting better result.

Kajal

Social media networks (Facebook ,Twitter ,Google+ , Pinterest , Tumblr , Stumbleupon)
Google+ local pages
Slideshare
Search engines
Paid advertising ( Google Adwords , Facebook Ads)
Youtube
Offline Sources (business cards)
Guest Posting For Traffic
Rss Feeds

AdrianneG

To get traffic to my website, I started with only 1 form of traffic
generation such as forum marketing.Once I reached the point
where I was getting daily traffic to my site, I added a 2nd source
for traffic.

If you have too many sources of traffic, it may be difficult to keep
up with who is sending you a blog comment, IM on FB, or retweeting
your tweets. You can easily run yourself ragged trying to keep up
with all your different promotions.

I think it's better to get one going, automate it, then rinse & repeat
with the next source so you're not working like a slave within your
own business.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.