Google Analytics, Organic Search, (not set)

Shutout

In Google Analytics, what exactly is the (not set) when it comes to trying to see the search terms that users accessed my site with.

Is there any way to get it to display with results?

elcidofaguy

I think you're talking about the SEO/Acquisition part... For that you need to follow the instructions displayed when clicking on it with regards to linking your Google Webmaster Account to Analytics in order to view your SEO (search terms entered)... See below screenshot...

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
BillEssley
Seem you misunderstood the question, Shutout is asking about keywords that not set or were not showed in Google webmaster tool.

I am searching for this information while I only can see main keywords and high keyword rankings for my website while others (not set) then not.

samng

Have you tried Google Search Console (used to be known as Google Webmasters)?

Once you register your account added your website, click on "Search Analytics" and they show you the number of clicks for that time period and also the keywords associated with those clicks.

It also shows you the average ranking position of the keywords entered by users to see your site on the search results.

samimnoorzaitgc

It usually shows (not set) when you buy some paid traffic as "Organic". You really did? I guess it's of more unusual activity. Google tracks Organic visits well.

WarriorPK

To protect user privacy, queries made a very small number of times or containing personal or sensitive information are grouped as "(not set)".

jeffhowell

No, unfortunately there is no way to get it... Google hides data of the users that disable or don't agree with their privacy policy

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.