Tag friends on Facebook posts, is it good or bad?

hoangvu

Some friends on my Facebook recently suggested me that they got more likes for their posts when tagging their friends.
I also tried that but many of friends are not liking tagging them in my posts. what is the reason. How to tag your friends right way?
So is it good or bad to tag them into FB posts?

AndiLim

It really depends on the content, some may find it irritating when their friends tagged them. Why would you want to tagged your friend by the way? Try to post something which they will find relevant, if its not then don't it pretty useless. BTW your post needs to be interesting so that many people will like it, like doesn't depend on the number of friends you tagged on your post. I don't do it if I want to share insights or repost something I just share it on my timeline. I am giving them the option to either like or ignore my post, scroll down if you don't want it. Also, my account is on private setting meaning if someone tagged me and I don't want it then I can simply click the don't post it on my timeline. If you tagged many friends then chances are you will flood their timeline with your post, and I guess that's not good. Don't be too trying hard on gathering some likes, people have their free will.

HostAG

Facebook's algorithm is pretty complex and it is true that you will get more likes as their tags will appear in more news feeds.

rf-harris

Tagging your friends would definitely increase your post's reach and it is a good way to get more exposure for your facebook posts.

Amanda

Tagging your friends can work at times. As someone above stated, it depends on the content. If you post contains webmaster related articles and content and you tag your IT and Webmaster friends, they're likely going to share the post with their IT and Webmaster friends and the cycle will go on and on until it stops. I don't even invite my "friends" to my page unless I know they'd be interested in my projects.

ev3v4hn

Yup it's true, Facebook tags is good for marketing

I have 1 friend (A)
(A) have 5k friends
I tags A for my photo
and the photo show in (A) wall
5k Friends of A see that photo
Profit! :hug:

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.