How does a website uptime monitor tool work?

miken

I want to know the process on how a tool works to monitor website uptime? Do I need to integrate it on my website system or it can do without verifications on my website?

Thanks
Miken

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
Via cron job.

Cronjob automatically check or send ping on every few minute, If connection failed then you will receive a email.

I have a .sh file which run on every 1 or 2 minute via cronjob and use if elseif command so If down then email will send and If not down then nothing will happen and simply process will end.

Hope you understand. There is many php based monitoring software is available.

DotNetNerd

They ping your domain at a set time interval and alert you if it doesn't respond with the appropriate response.

These tools are useful, but can also give false results.

ioZoom

They have multiple means of monitoring your site. These companies can ping the server, they can even check your shopping cart to see if it works correctly. The way it works is they have servers (monitoring stations) located around the globe. Each server can either check your site at the same time or they usally rotate checking your site every X minutes. If one monitoring station checks your site and can't reach it, the next monitoring station has to confirm the failure before sending you a down alert.

There is nothing to integrate. You just give them the ip or domain and thats it.

LowEndXeon

As you give the software the IP:pORT, what it does is what your CMD PING command does, it checks response every 15mins or so, then records a percentage overtime of the availability of your site. Fairly basic :)

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.