How to properly do social media marketing

nesito29

How To Properly DoSocial Media Marketing.jpg

I'm completely sure you've heard that social media marketing can drive huge hoards of traffic to your site, and that's completely true. However, what most people don't tell you is that there is a huge technique behind it all and that's marketing.

Social media marketing isn't just a way to share your content with your audience, it is a way in wich you can communicate with people and letting them know who you are, what you do and how you do it, this way is how we start to get more and more traffic to our site. And that is called BRANDING!

If you go to Google and run a quick search for... well anything related to a brand, you'll notice that the highest amount of searches on the web are for those brand names. This is a crucial thing and is expected to weight a lot more in 2016 for SEO. After all, if people are searching for your brand, that must mean you are an authority, right?

Anyway, let's continue.

How to properly use social media
First of all, you need to realize that every social media platform is different and that since they are different, the content you must share is different in every single one of them for you to make a good use of social media. The purpose of this is to make sure people remember your brand in the future.

Social Media.jpg

Here're some things you need to know about the most used social media platforms.

Facebook: Who I am.
Google+: What I like and What I do.
Twitter: What I'm doing.
Tumblr: Who I am and What I like.
Pinterest: Who I want to be or What I want.
Periscope: Who I am.

Best content to share:
Facebook: Images with your brand name on it, quotes work wonderfully here. I recommend using PostPlanner for this.
Google+: Images as well.
Twitter: Every tweet promoting content should have it's own unique image. Use canva for best results (size matters).
Tumblr: Gifs are the best kind of content to share here.
Pinterest: Images with a light background.
Periscope:Well... It's not like you have other option besides video haha.

Now, do you know how many exposures people need to have with your brand before you ask them to do something? No matter what that may be. Example: Opting-in your e-mail list, buying something, giving you a review, etc.

An average of "Seven times" right?
WRONG!

That's what people say because that's what the experts have said, however, that is from studies made many years ago!

Things change! what used to be 7 exposures are now an average of 20 to 25 exposures, which means people must have some sort of engagement with your brand for every one of those cases. Like watching your brand on the Twitter's feed 20 times or being shown in the Facebook feed 20 times as well.

This is caused by all the noise that can be found in social media nowadays.

Remember, this is an average and it can vary from person to person. Also, video marketing is very different and the amount of exposures needed will vary widely, this is due to the fact that people are actually seeing you and interacting with you.

PRO Tip: Consistency is KEY! Set up a publishing schedule and be consistent, share every day if that's what you want but, don't stop or you can lose the momentum you may be gaining.

Now, the most important part of social media marketing.

Be YOURSELF!

Let people know who you are and what your brand represents, stop trying to imitate people around you and simply be you. You will attract like-minded people and that will be the foundation of your business.

No matter if that's 5 people, that's just the beginning and every established brand in the world started the same way.

I hope this helps you realize how to properly use social media as part of your marketing efforts.

Please let me know what your experience with social media has been and how it has changed your business.

Have a great day!
Jonathan Nunez

michaelswengel

Good stuff, nesito!

Marketing is a social business. Well, marketing done RIGHT is a social business.

It's important to actually provide value to people. Don't just promote promote promote. Nobody likes that.

AndiLim

I guess the best way to actually create a good social media campaign is by knowing what your audience really want. it is about putting yourself in their shoes, if I were on their position then what will want to see? I guess its about being straight forward by identifying the need of your audience.

wrigmark

wrigmark
Yes AndiLim, l agree with you that Marketers should focus on the needs of audience; adding with as nesito29 mentioned in part: Be Yourself! Consistency is KEY! Set up a publishing schedule and be consistent, share every day if that's what you want but, don't stop or you can lose the momentum you may be gaining.

Ola Rybacka

Great post, thanks for that.
In my opinion you should follow your customers needs to create a good content on social media. Web 2.0 gives us a chance to know that in a simple way - you should just observe and react.

LavaHotDealsCom

Great post! Never heard Periscope before. Social networks are getting more and more. It's time consumer to maintain all the social networks. I just focus 2-3 that fits my needs the most.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.