Is Pinterest good for a cooking blog?

Shole

As an owner of a cooking blog the constant thing on my mind is how to outwork my competition in the promotion department. Recipes are everywhere and to be honest, most of the sites host similar recipes. So what I while I was looking for a good way, I came across guides that would say that pinterest is a good site to promote your cooking blog. With that in mind I saw that this is a good opportunity, but could it really change my traffic and income?
My plan is to start posting a recipe per day on my blog than post around 5 pictures of the dish with my link on it and the correct tags on pinterest.
What do you think is it a good way to boost my traffic?
What else should I look out for by trying this promotion technique?

michaelswengel

Pinterest is a very high-traffic site, so it can't hurt! :) Plus, they have pins from tons of niches - cooking is one of those.

Especially as people start pinning your pins, you should see a nice boost in traffic. People love recipes. The important thing is to make sure your posts and the images in your pins are high quality.

MS

rf-harris

Yes, it will be. You can make the recipes in image form and people should like them :)

Shole

Pinterest is a very high-traffic site, so it can't hurt! :) Plus, they have pins from tons of niches - cooking is one of those.

Especially as people start pinning your pins, you should see a nice boost in traffic. People love recipes. The important thing is to make sure your posts and the images in your pins are high quality.

MS
Yes, it will be. You can make the recipes in image form and people should like them :)
Yes, if you have delicious pictures of your recipe.
Yes, Pinterest is definitely good for a cooking blog. People are always on their looking for recipes. I, myself have pinned quite a few.
I am glad to know this now, but what kind of pictures would be better, just the pictures of the done meals or pictures with the meal and recipe?
What would drive the most traffic to my site?

hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
Hello Shole,

Whole foods pins are the great example for you. Study about Whole foods Pins images of recipe ideas with a brief description. Each recipe Pin includes the entire recipe on the Pinterest site, but also links to their recipe blog. This kind of activities can help you more.

I hope this is helpful.

Ron Killian

Mouth watering pictures of the finished dish. I agree, there are so many cooking images on Pinterest. Been using it for my own cooking.

AndiLim

There's a huge competition in pinterest specially with the topic that you have the "cooking." Social media sharing will work if you want to target a lot of audience, what you can do is create a page then make a post from time to time. Make sure that the images that you will upload is mouth watering. Aside from social media you can also look for other website that caters cooking. Try to also check on how your competitor do their posting so that you will have an idea on to effectively create a post.

Shole

Shole
Thanks! I am already checking out my competition and researching what works for them the best so I can at least make something similar and get some of the views from them :D

FreedomBlogger

Oh Pinterest is a great source for free traffic!

Especially for your niche!! ;)

You can start building up your following there - by doing a few simple thing every single day!

The numbers will add up.

You can also have your own site on your profile - you will need to verify it with Pinterest to have your url on your profile. So they know you are there to drive traffic.

Here is what you need to do, on a daily basis;

- Follow people
- Pin your own images
- RE-Pin other people's images
- Leave Comments on Pins
- Organize your Pin Boards very well

That is it!!

There is not much more you can do on Pinterest. So this is all you need to be doing, every single day, very consistently.

You will start to build up your Following, and you will see some traffic coming to your site from pinterest as time goes by.

Just make it happen! ;)

Last edited:

KatnissEverdeen

I agree with everyone. Pinterest would be a good way to help drive traffic to your site. Post pics of the recipes, completed meals with recipe, or just the completed dish. Try them out and see which type of pics work best for you. I think it would be the delicious completed dishes with a link to the recipe that will work the best but you never know.

Also you could try doing the same sort of thing over on Instagram if you havent started that already.

Good Luck to You and I am interested in seeing some pics of this food you speak of ;)

Hawker

Definitely Pinterest is good for a cooking blog! Since most Pinterest users are bored housewives that love to cook cupcakes! lol

Just create some boards for the different types of recipes your blog has like curry recipes, brunch recipes, dinner recipes, pasta recipes etc. breakfasts, smoothies, cakes etc etc

Then pin your own sites recipe images if you have them like if you're actually cooking the meals and taking pictures of them they seem to love that.

Then just follow other cooks and foodies, repin other peoples pins and engage others and get invited to some big food boards if you can that you can pin to.

You can get a lot of traffic from them as those boards usually have many thousands of users and your pins can go viral.

I used to smash it on Pinterest but they changed a lot of things and earnings went down so I sold off most of my foodie sites I used with it but it can still be used for some traffic which can turn into clicks, subscribers or whatever your angle is.

Plus it can be good for SEO as well as part of your overall SEO score and online presence.

I've got a few big foodie boards on some of my old pinterest accs I can invite you too.

In the spirit of Christmas and as I'm new here drop me a PM and I'll send you a few as I usually sell them as for around $50 for 40ish invites they're that exclusive.

Cheers and best of luck!

djone

You will get better traffic with help of fine images in Pinterest. You just have to create proper board as per your foods or foods recipe and add all necessary and proper details into them. You can also share all your boards into other major social media sites. To get more traffic, you just take care to take proper quality images so that people just like to see your boards or profile.

Hawker

Here are a few Pinteresting facts you may find useful!

Did you know that:

- 47% of U.S. Pinterest users have made a purchase based on recommendations from Pinterest (Pinterest is great for selling stuff!)

- 28.1% of Pinterest users have an annual household income of $100,000+ (Pinterest users have money to spend)

- Only 15% of Pinterest user engagements with a given brand occur on that brand's boards (85% of marketing on Pinterest is done for you by your fans!)

- 43% of people prefer Pinterest as the best site to associate with retailers or brands, as opposed to 30% who prefer Facebook (Pinterest is where people want to interact with you)

- Over 1/5th of Facebook-connected users are on Pinterest daily (You need to be both on Facebook AND Pinterest)

- Pinterest recently created Business Pages (making it even easier for businesses to do business on Pinterest!)

Ola Rybacka

Pinterest is definitely helpful to attract people to your blog, but you have to provide good quality content, because there is a lot more people posting pins with the same subject. Try to put some infographics there - maybe about food habits, your cooking needs or something else.

addi alex

Cooking and ingredients of the various dishes is one of the most sought things on the internet. There are millions of people who share their recipes across different channels in different ways and one of the widely known and claim-to-success strategies is social media marketing. As cooking is one of the selective niches where the pictures of your dishes can get you a lot of traffic (since visitor cant taste it). So, you have to even more careful with the garnishing of your dish and the steps to prepare the dish should be crisp and what more! Share videos and reviews and pictures of some random people eating your dish. Photo sharing platforms like Pinterest, Instagram and Flickr are famous among the visitor to share these offbeat interests. Whoa! Did I just say cooking Offbeat! Pardon me

Sandra

Oh yes, if you have a cooking blog, Pinterest and Instagram are places to be.

About what to post, finished dishes are a keeper. But you might also want to test a long image with the step by step. I read once that very long images are harder to see so people tend to click on the link and visit your site more often. The info-graphics craze was because of this.

I love Pinterest, btw. Jumped into the site to promote my books, but ended up using it as research hub, and overall cool ideas collecting place. If you decide to go, pm me and give you my contact to interact--not that it's a secret, I'm very easy to find.

Cochel

It's more nice to post and share photos on Pinterest about Wedding, Hotels, Foods, Things, Clothes. Visible and can catch users attention.

jagdish pathare

Hi shole

Your thing is nice using pinterest for cooking blog and recipes as a way promotion and connecting to blog or link.

Pinterest is good for a cooking blog because there you will get more traffic with attract cooking dish pictures or recipes pictures

There is lots of people using pinterest. There will be target more people to boost your traffic on cooking blog easily

cooking there is lots of competition or promotion and there are millions people share their recipes, pictures, link, blog different ways social media marking, facebook, twitter etc.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.