Banner ads or links for affiliate products?

lkovnih226

When it comes to marketing affiliate products on your own blogs, which type of advertising do you like to use on your blogs, banner ads or links? why?

My ways are write a review and link to the products with a shorten link instead of using many banners.

What about you? Which methods are you using?

Developer

I have several blogs which are used as "review" type sites and I find that when writing "product specific" posts, links within the post AND a banner at the end, or fitted nicely within the article always produces the best results.

When I'm writing a post about a general "product type", I always use plain links and NO banners so as not to make the reader think I am being partial to any one of the links.

In all honesty, however, it is always best to do some split testing of your own. Split testing will tell you exactly what works best on YOUR site with YOUR readers.

What works on my site(s) is not necessarily what will work on yours and what works with MY readers, will not necessarily have the same effect with YOUR readers.

Hope that helps, a little at least.

Ron Killian

Probably not much of an answer, but it depends on what gets the most clicks.

Most bloggers include both. If it's in posts I personally would rather have a text link, seems more natural and I think banners can come off as more promotional. Just my preference.

Usually if done to look natural, in a content type post, text links tend to do better. It can look more like a "recommendation". And it they are blue and underlined (old school hyper links), they will get more clicks that other colored links.

But again, it's something you should test to be sure. Every one can give an opinion, the numbers tell the truth. :)

Miguelito203

I think it can depend how your blog is set up. Generally speaking, I'd say that I just prefer links. I think it may have something to do with my lack of creativity, though. Plus, dealing with banners can be annoying when you have to update your theme and what not (never crossed my mind until it happened). I've had success with both, though. Oh, when I have done banner ads, I just do straight direct linking. I wasn't sure which to do when I first tried it, so I thought I'd throw that in there, in case you're wondering.

Joey

adeaugustus

From experience promoting Amazon products, link converts better than banner on all my sites.

Maybe I should explain my strategy. Personally, I don't review any product. I just write an educative long post on my targeted keyword, after each articles, I usually have a recommendation section where I recommend products to the readers. Within the article I also link some related words directly to amazon store.

This method has given me about 20% conversion rate (YES) and it works all the time. What most people don't understand about affiliate marketing is that, you don't need to shout it out to your readers that you're trying to get them to buy the suggested product (This is why direct links are better). If they want to know more, they click on it, and if they don't, well they leave.

Using banners usually send a message that you're trying to make a sale, trying to get them to buy something, and in most cases it does not usually go down as expected.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views