How to set up an effective PPC Campaign?

rainmaker11

I've known a bit more of Google adwords and the average cost per click in Google AdWords is between $1 and $2 on the search network, the average CPC on the display network is under $1. With this amount of competition setting up a PPC campaign seems impossible! So my question to you guys, is how do you do it? How do you run your pay per click campaigns effectively or how to decrease cost on PPC campaigns?

Allchat

There are a great many ways to run a good, smart PPC campaign, obviously Adwords & Adsense being just a couple. I used to run PPC campaigns quite a bit when I first started to get up and running but now I sell my own products and they pretty much sell them self's.

But I do show people the do's and dont's in one of the e-courses on my site. The training course pretty much covers the many levels of cost, ROI and if I'm not mistaken it also shows you a way to incorporate upsells into your PPC campaigns.

savidge4

When you are talking PPC there are a few factors you need to look at - Obviously Return of Investment ( ROI ) is of big concern, but things like conversion ratios and and cost per conversion are huge factors as well.. I think the BIGGEST factor... Quality Score. A high Quality Score can REDUCE your PPC expense. I work around the concept there are 6 fragments in determining Quality Score they are:

1. Account Score
2. Keyword Level Score
3. Landing Page Quality Score
4. Mobile Score
5. Ad Group Score
6. Ad Level Quality Score

From experience, I can tell you, that you REALLY need to focus on this stuff. I would say the BIGGEST failure your average IM'er today has.. is Mobile Score... it sounds stupid.. but go look for yourself.. how many people actually have a mobile version of their landing page? ok ok you are saying.. well MOST pages are responsive..and I say ok great.. how many landing pages say "Insert e-mail here and d-load this file"? what will a mobile user do? They cant download the file right? they bounce... a simple "insert your e-mail here and we will e-mail the file to you right away!" becomes a mobile friendly landing page. And just because... If you think well I will just use the mobile language and everything will be fine... on a desktop they want it now.. they dont want to wait... that is why you need 2 separate landing pages

Aside from that..i pay a lot of attention to items 2 and 3. Keyword selection and landing page. The answer to nailing these down is testing.. the problem is to test this on the network you are wanting to advertise on.. well you will drop your Quality Score in the process. So you have 1 of a few options.. you can have ore than one PPC account... one to test with,and the other to run with over the long term to reduce your rates.. OR you can seek out additional traffic sources to test on.

I do what I call segment testing. Your standard PPC flow looks like ( Bait - Lander - Thank You ) Bait being the ad just in case. So the first thing I want to test is the bait. Depending on the type of ad I am running be it text or image ( banner ) I look for suitable places to test. i generally will use Facebook for graphic ads, and I use Twitter for headline text ads ( like Google Adwords ) At this point all I am looking for is what bait gets the most clicks to my landing / offer page. I could give a rats anything how that page is converting at this point. I simply want to find the headline or the graphic that is going to draw them like mesquitoes to a bug zapper!

Often.. especially with twitter in this process I am just throwing up text to get the click ratio. I just send them to my feed page and could care less about any conversion what so ever. THIS decreases overall testing cost.. same is true with FaceBook.. just drop them off to your timeline.. you can test for PENNIES!

Once you have that tested out and have some clear winners... you then want to develop the landing pages around those terms you used to get traffic. The message you use to get them there NEEDS to match once they get there. This is a part of how you develop a good Lander Page Quality Score. NOW, I focus on conversion, and from there I do what I need deeper in the funnel until i have a pretty decent converting machine, and all of the steps are hitting on all cylinders.

This is when I introduce the campaign over to Adwords or Bing etc. This process minimizes your testing expense and increase your overall Quality Score - because you are introducing a winner off the bat.

Hope that Helps!

ericplotz1

ericplotz1
Theres only a quality score and ad rank bud. No "Ad Group Score". What determines your "Quality Score" which is what truly needs to be focused on is:

- Bid
- Expected CTR
- Landing Page Experience
- Ad Relevance
- Ad Formats (these are extensions or how well your extensions are formatted with ads)

Also, and this is what Google doesn't teach, but utilizing SKAGs (single keyword ad groups) can be super effective. Learning DKI (dynamic keyword insertion) and using it where it works is also HUGE!

I NEVER use broad match keywords. No need when you setup SKAGs. Say I have an ad group for "red nike running shoes". The only keywords I will run in that ad group will be:

[red nike running shoes]
"red nike running shoes"
+red +nike +running +shoes

(FYI it's important to understand your match types as well)

Then I will add the exact match keyword [red nike running shoes] to every other ad groups negative keyword list.

Make sure you use the DKI as well. So ad title would be:

{KeyWord:Buy Red Nike Shoes}

The title will insert dynamically based on the users query. If query is too long the keyword will be used.

In a nutshell this works like a champ. You may have to add a twist here or there after analyzing data, but overall this will lower CPC, increase CTR, and benefit all KPI.

jeffhowell

There are some really cool courses on Lynda and Youtube as well - so definitely check this out so you can see how people do it in practice...

designstoredxb

For effective PPC campaign we need to select the most profitable keywords. Create Killer ad copies and always try to offer more than your competitors so that your ads get more clicks and then target highly relevant landing page. So whenever someone search he/she can find the most relevant ad and once a user click the ad the landing page must offer what is promised in the ad copy. Your landing page must contain Strong call to action at the top, middle and bottom of the page with a form.

Charliedavid

Setting up an effective PPC Campaign includes-

1. Work out your goals. Do you want to make more sales, encourage sign-ups, increase enquiries? Be clear about your aim.
Decide which search engine to advertise with - Google AdWords and Yahoo Bing Ads are the most popular. Sign up and create an account.
2. Select keywords that reflect what someone would type into a search engine when looking for your product.
3. Set your bid for different keywords and select your daily, or monthly, budget.
4. Write your advert and link to a relevant 'landing page' on your website which makes a purchase quick and easy. Include a description, price, shipping costs and a 'click to buy' button.
5. Watch closely.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.