High Ranked but no traffic in google ?

bermuda

This can be a situation in which the targeted keywords are not very popular and not being used by many people on a daily basis. If you are not very satisfied with the outcomes achieved so far, there is a solution and that is to expand your website and then target more terms, more popular key phrases which generate a lot of traffic on Google and try to optimize your website for those words.

Selection of the right keywords and then promoting websites based on the listing of those phrases can be very important and even before launching a new site, it is suggested to prepare the terms that are to be targeted. Using Google AdWords and other keywords suggestion tools find some very popular words and optimize your site through new links and content addition.

allenhill

First, for get traffic, you need to have a really high volume keyword. Low volume keywords will not get you any visit for that ranking.

Google trend is just like that, trend. Whats trend today might not be even searched for tomorrow. Use the keyword tool to pick high volume keyword. Just because it was in the trend yesterday doesn't mean it will continue to be searched for in the long run.

PankajS

it may be issue of keywords research keywords selection is most important process in SEO. you should be choose keywords which are highly competitive and getting more traffic consistently. you can use more than one tool to research your keywords.

workflow | workflow software

creativesystem

at first keyword selection is the main task of SEO high ranking doesn't mean high traffic. you have to select competitive keywords also.

MikeQ

Well, if you are ranking in first page of Google then try to rank on first position now, most of the traffics are on top 3 spots.

justinhotban

high rank is that your kewords have a good positions, but the traffic of the key words is not low, so I think your discription can't contract people's eyes

sockwave

I think keywords you have selected for your website have less search volume. But don't be upset. Sometimes keywords with less search volume can drive quality traffic. I suggest you select some keywords with high search volume but less competitive. One more thing front page ranking does not drive traffic instantly it may take some time.

adymat

@OP It is possible your KW might be ranking in only low traffic region. For Eg. if a KW is highly searched in US and not in India than getting KW ranked in India will be very easy. Even if you searching over .com you will be checking Google's Indian server ranking data. So the traffic can still be low even if you checked it from Google Adwords Tool about its competitiveness.

TwitWeb

There are two things mainly

The searches of your keyword should be very low
And other thing is your title is not good, people don't click on that......

Ydnar325

Ydnar325
The second possibility is easy to check, adwords tells you both when your ad is shown AND the percentage people who clicked, It's listed as CTR, and anything below .4 would verify the theory. If you're at %0.9, then it is likely something else. Try a variation like adding ing or s to the end. Last I heard, it shouldn't be too effective. But the last time I TRiED it, it was the a different story I got lucky though, It happened to be trending at the time, I didn't know till later when I started using trends.

Asp things like Ad Blockers can cause problems, if you are competing for a term like Surf online privately, as an extreme example.

Google Trends is useful, it tells you how often a term is searched. But watch out for the hidden pitfalls like the range of time and the type of search options on the left. If you are selling things, the product search is more useful than an image search. A keyword can show as highly searched over the last 10 years but because it was searched a LOT five years ago. And isn't being searched now. An extreme example is Mitt Romney's trend for just last year as the time then change it to the last 90 days.

Look at how often TV is product searched (not just web searched) This would seem great to Online sites selling TV's but a good number of those are people doing research before they buy one... offline. Not helpful to Store like Amazon, even though it is technically targeted traffic. Fireworks is another one that will be doing this soon, given the Upcoming holiday and the legality of buying them online...

Last edited:

AdamsonHebrew

Well, it may possible that you don't get proper traffic on your website though your ranking high in the search engine. You need to build some quality back links in well reputed sites. You can also use social medias, it will also help you lot to drive huge traffic on your website.

kenhirai

Unfortunately, theres no accuate measurement to keyword nowadays, before the most precise tool is Overture from yahoo. But u just keep trying.

aishasony

May be keywords aren't as good as you think they are. Check everything in the listing, and , of course, double check the traffic statistics software because that could be the problem as well

Tshepo

I have a website that most of its keywords have position in Top 10 Google SERP and generate hundreds of traffic each day. But since early December 2010, my web traffic going down drastically . Can someone explain to me why my web traffic is going down while my keywords still get high ranking in Google.

Dadee

why you think your site should have traffic because of pagerank?
pr is just show of how much times google bot reindexing your page

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.