How much would you pay for a logo?

roggy

a graphic designer of mine is offering a logo design service but I want a really nice logo. I have used Fiverr and some designers on forums before, but I've also always had a very clear direction for them to work with. For logo design, I need someone who can make logo concepts with a bit more creative and professional work to offer me website logos as expected.

So how much would be reasonable price to offer to a logo designer? what is your experience about this?

sameer321654

Hi Roggy!

I have used fiverr and got some good work but the only thing I did was to choose the seller who allows revision. I can get revisions of his work till I am satisfied.

Regards,

Lakhesis

I'm a freelance graphic designer for a long time and still striving for experience
You need to find a real graphic designer who really knows his/her stuff aside from being expert in editing in programs.
Graphic design is a modern term of Visual Communication. They're responsible for your visual problems.
Just because they're doing photoshop, illustrator that doesn't they're already a graphic designer.
That's like 'I own a DSLR, therefore I'm now a photographer"
You can still be a graphic designer without software programs if you have a solid idea of visual problems for your client.

So to answer to your question. It depends on the graphic artist you're working with. Every artist has their own different price.
For me, I work with $100-150.

ulterios

Since it seems like you are wanting something more custom than you usually find on places like fiverr then you should be prepared to pay more for them. Something in the $100-$200 range will probably be expected, unless you want someone to work quite a while on it and the concepts. If that's the case, over $200 can be expected.

However, you can get some decent designs done by having a design contest and offering $50-$75 or so for a logo. Sometimes the competition will get people into a more creative mood and more willing to work harder to win a contest.

Namoh

I've been using fiverr as well for logos, specifically mascot designs since I'm not very good at making them. I found one that did an amazing job creating my logo, my avatar is my communities logo. The guy charged 15USD and gave me all the files, including the resources. Some times you might strike out on fiverr since not everyone are as good as they say but if you're lucky you could get a logo for a relatively cheap price.

The price I would pay depends on for what it is, if it's for a community I wouldn't pay much, if it's for a business I would pay more.

professorrosado

That depends on the importance you place on your logo. I would not spend any money on a website logo at all. I do spend money on a business logo, especially if that logo is to be utilized in all sorts of branding uses. The more uses I have for a logo, the more I am willing to pay a professional designer to prepare the sizes and separations I need for the applications I'll use it for.

Branding logo and artwork packages can (as they should) go from $1500 USD through a couple of thousand - again, if all the applications are required.

A good logo can make your business (not only a website) look like a million dollar venture. If you need that look, then invest in a good designer who has a portfolio that exudes that quality of workmanship.

But truthfully, most websites can be worth a million dollars if they would just produce quality content without a logo.

sb225

I would usually pay around $50 if I couldn't find a ready made logo. It all depends upon the requirement and the information you provide to the designer. If you made a rough graphic to show what you need then it would be cheaper than expected price.

SenseiSteve

I think $50 to $200 for a logo would be fine, but if it's for an enterprise business, I can it see costing in the thousands.

Cynthia17

Around $200. We got some great designs for that; chose 1, and then got a range of logo components (logo, ,icons/app icons, site logo). We used a local designer, whom we met face-to-face. Very very pleased with the results. Previous to that we used an online service and the results were terrible. I'd never do that again.

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
I will pay $30 If design structure will be provided by me, I mean logo maker don't need to think about design since it will be provided by me. I also see in most of forum people offer $30 logo.

This is good for basic site but for good logo I can pay $50 to $400 (I will pay more than $150 If design is unique, attractive and make some sense. High quality.

EpicGlobalWeb

Does anyone know if this includes mock-ups? What is standard - 3 or 4 samples? I can imagine this is the root of most problems?

Strike

a graphic designer of mine is offering a logo design service but I want a really nice logo. I have used Fiverr and some designers on forums before, but I've also always had a very clear direction for them to work with. For logo design, I need someone who can make logo concepts with a bit more creative and professional work to offer me website logos as expected.

So how much would be reasonable price to offer to a logo designer? what is your experience about this?
As a creative designer I would say logos can be around £50 - £1000 depending on the brand and its importance.

for you as a client, ask yourself how long you are whilling to wait? if its months then expect an amazing logo concept but a big bill. if you want it next day think really cheap and not want you really want. obviously it depends on the designer and the rep.

davebusiness86s

I paid $20 for a logo for my affiliate site.
I like simple logos, so I don't have high requirement. I want the first thing people to focus on is my content, not my logo. I think that's why it's cheap.

Strike

Strike
see I kinda agree but, time does need to be spent on both, the Nike logo for example has meaning behind it, which was why it took so long.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views