Verified PayPal Personal Account or Business or Premier Account?

Harry P

What is the different between verified PayPal personal account and Business and Premier Account? If I want to use Paypal as main payment method for selling or buying items online, which account should I use? why?

Developer

Source 1: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/personal_vs_business-outside
Source 2: https://www.webmastersun.com/thread...rsonal-Account-or-Business-or-Premier-Account

Premier accounts are for members who will have a high transaction volume, need to accept credit card payments, or would like access to our special features not offered with Personal accounts. Premier accounts include all the benefits of Personal accounts, as well as our special features.

Business accounts allow you to do business under a company or group name, accept all payment types for low fees, and accept payment from customers without PayPal accounts. Business accounts include all of the benefits of Premier accounts, as well as our special features.

The difference between a business/premier and a personal account is that you can not SELL items using a personal account. Personal accounts are good if you're simply buying stuff and/or sending money to/from friends and family. YOU will definitely need a premier or business account to sell anything via your PayPal account.

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
And even then they may still not give you your money :p

squeeze

The only different of this two are personal account has no feature of creating invoice and some business feature but take note you can upgrade your personal account to business account.When it comes in purchasing and buying online any of this you can use it there is no problem about that

Ruesnam

Business account gives you the ability to call the Paypal API from your website. I mean your website gets notified of any payments (with all details you need) and thus you can do processings you want to do according to this information (deliver the product, update database). If on your website, your transactions are just like Payment ----> Delivery, without any additional procedure to do, verified account is enough.

I'm personally using Paypal for my website, and it's going great so far

Admi

I remember I had to upgrade my PayPal personal account while setting up an online store years ago. I was also a bit confused of the differences between the three accounts. Like someone mentioned it, a business or a premier account is desirable for those selling products online and even for some NGOs. You should definitely consider upgrading your PayPal account since you want to sell items online.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views