Is there an opportunity to make money from affiliate marketing in the WordPress niche?

johnyplex

Do you think there is an opportunity for new sites to make money from promoting products as an affiliate in the WordPress niche?

Could a new site hope to get traffic from people searching for themes and plugins?

I know a lot of WordPress sites are going up and getting top spots in the search engines but new sites won't benefit from the increased number in people searching.

thoughts?

Ron Killian

There is always opportunity in anything in my opinion. That said, most people won't find it because they don't put in the effort or take enough action.

You're correct, there are so many affiliates pushing wordpress theme's and plugins. It could be a tough market to grab a foot hold.

But like anything, you need to get creative and think out of the box. Like how can you grab your share.

I'd think if you could give away theme's or plugin's, that might be a possibility. Well, don't give away too much. Plus, you can add your name/link to all plug-ins and theme's.

As you probably know you can submit theme's and plug-ins to wordpress. I've never done it, so I don't know the process and I have no idea if it generates much traffic.

Also, I think there is always a need for new plugins. That might be an option?

Just some ideas.

The other thought, which works for most any niche is to build a list then you have traffic, possible sales.

Maybe some one who has tried this market will chime in.

ulterios

Some real good input by Ron above. WordPress can be a tough market to make money in, it all depends on your ability to generate traffic and trying to find a way to do some things differently from the rest.

The WordPress niche/field is a flooded one so you'll see a lot of affiliates coming and going because they just can't get the traffic/leads/conversions and then wind up trying something else.

The good thing is that the market is huge due to the number of WordPress site's out there. The tough thing is the earning from that.

Good Luck with whatever you decide. :)

MrT

I guess it depends on how you view opportunity.

As mentioned above, there's heavy competition. What that tells me, is that there is probably a ton of opportunity. Third party validation in a sense.

Definitely easier than getting into the hosting niche.

Maybe you're thinking only in terms of SEO. You don't need to depend on Google in order to make money, you can make that happen without Google. There's tons of different traffic sources out there waiting to be utilized (and abused).

khassani

Do you think there is an opportunity for new sites to make money from promoting products as an affiliate in the WordPress niche?

Could a new site hope to get traffic from people searching for themes and plugins?

I know a lot of WordPress sites are going up and getting top spots in the search engines but new sites won't benefit from the increased number in people searching.

thoughts?
Hi,

I believe there are great opportunities to monetize a niche site around Wordpress. People who are using Wordpress would be interested in Hosting offers, Themes, Plugins, blogging trainings, SEO trainings, Copywriting trainings, MMO trainings and so on.....

You don't have to limit yourself only in promoting offers related directly to Wordpress, but you need to look at the bigger picture here.

If you want to make your Wordpress niche site rank high and beat the competition, you'll need to provide solutions and how-to's to current issues that are encountered by the Wordpress community. In this sense you'll need to be quite active in forums and blogs to know what these issues are and try to provide solutions for them.

All in all, I see good opportunities here!

All the best!

Hawker

Rome wasn't built in a day. But when it was finished oh what a city it was. It even had sewers and under floor heating.

The pyramids took hundreds of years to build. But they still stand tall today.

Aim for the moon, that way even if you miss, you'll still be amongst the stars!

Miguelito203

While I have never bought a paid Wordpress theme or plugin (use the free stuff), I know people that have. The people I know that have bought themes usually pay for something once that they can use on multiple sites -- something like they but that doesn't look like it was made to be used in a particular niche. I guess you could promote web hosting services, but it should be one you actually use. People are big on customer service and want to know about stuff like that.

Joey

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.