How did you get your first review on fiverr?

samimnoorzaitgc

Well, It's not that easy to sell with fiverr. Your gigs must be interesting and helpful to get purchased. What are you selling?
Try "Promoting your Business" option, it allows you to take your gigs almost everywhere eg. facebook, blog etc...
That's how you get succeed with fiverr.

onegoodman25

I never really bothered selling on fiverr simply because :

- High commission
- Low rate
- high competition

Most importantly, i feel they reached to a point where they start loosing the crowd. If you check their alexa rating they dropped well in the last 2 years ( they increasing fees to buyer, leaving their original business model and high competition.

I used to own one of their largest competitor couple of years ago, and believe it or not, my seller used to make much better than the one on fiverr ( because i handled promoting those online using PPC, fiverr don't promote your gigs.

I saw your gig and i am happy you finally got your first review, but for the amount of work, i highly encourage you to start offering the service in a website where it pay off.=

Miguelito203

When it comes to being a service provider and getting reviews, the people that I know who have done it did their first or second job for free (in order to learn about the whole process, get feedback, and stuff like that). With that said, depending on what services you provide, you might just want to start your own site on your own domain and brand yourself as a leader in the industry. You'll be able to charge more than what you get from those kinds of sites. When I first started online, I used to write articles for various sites. To me, the money was not worth it. By the time I got paid, the money was already spent. Then, I was broke just like before.

Joey

ericplotz1

Honestly I haven't messed with Fiverr in a while. Anyone that says you can't make money with it, actually means to say they can't make money with it.

The amount of traffic Fiverr receives is still growing.

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 12.05.55 AM.jpg

Out of 55k keywords getting traffic, I'm sure you can find a few categories to sell in. Offer people deals, like 1 article free for first time buyers.

When I used to sell gigs I would just simply explain the importance of reviews and how much they help sales and request the buyer to let everyone know about the service they received. No matter if it was satisfactory or not. I never got a bad review, it was just a less pushy way of requesting for a review. Don't just ask for a positive review. You'll look desperate.

Also think out side of the box when selling gigs. I used to bang out dailymotion views and was posting them in a section that had nothing to do with video.

Julzwriter

I have my own website where I promote my services
but I also want to promote on fiverr too to get clients
coming in from different places.

I believe the advantage fiverr gives me is that once I get
lots of reviews I will get more exposure from the people who
visit the site regularly, which is much more than those who come
to my site.

DarnelWhite

Great opportunity on Fiverr. People will always say that you 'are too late' or that you have missed the opportunity but that is not true. There will always be competition and as competition grows, so do the customers (as ericplots proved). Plus there are always new things that people want, it is just finding a good gig to sell and grow that way.

mackrodd

Deliver Good service to your cleints and ask them for a review. the more reviews you have the more gigs you get. always deliver massive value so your clients will recommend you to their fans, followers and friends.

People buy from amazon because of reviews. the more better reviews you have the more you get top on fiverr.

Greylin

Great information. I have been thinking of trying to offer my services on Fiverr but wasn't sure if it is worth it.

wrcato2

I never used Fivver, for my freelance copywriting. What I did was find companies in my area and mailed a post card soliciting my writing service. On the card I had my website address and a free offer. Once they arrived at my site and filled in the autoresponder form they got the free offer.

The free offer solicited my copy writing services In the eBook, I had a page for the client to fill out and mail to me. It was a free consultation over the phone.

It still works. Probably better than fivver and I make a lot more than $5

Reactions: MeowNinja

MeowNinja

MeowNinja
This is great advice! We often forget to look right in our neighborhood, off of our computers because it seems easier to hide behind a computer. I think I'll take your advice and see what I can come up with ;)

Thanks!

WebmasterPhil

Starting off on Fiverr can be daunting because there are so many sellers offering the same services.. unless of course, you become the pioneer of a unique service that somehow takes off. There's a lot of competition on Fiverr and a customer will almost always choose the freelancer with the lengthy reviews and positive feedbacks.

If you're starting off, then for your first several gigs, I recommend over-delivering your service. This could mean anything from offering a lot more for less than the competition, delivering the service overnight, adding bonuses to your services, etc. and etc. Your goal here is to build up reviews so you're going have to go the extra miles to build a foundation first. Eventually, after you build a list of good reviews, you can level off and normalize your offerings that are fairly close to the competition.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.