How do you promote a new blog post?

Nemanja

Premium Member
When I publish a new blog post that I optimized on-page SEO as well for it, I usually do these following ways to get links and traffic:

- Post automatically to social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, Tumbler
- Post on social bookmarking sites
- Email my list and including the post in it
- Check out similar article links from competitors that having links on other sites and ask webmasters to share or read my post
- Ask comments from friends on social media

Should I also make a PDF file or videos of the post to promote my blog post? what promotions do you use when publishing a new post? What would you add or subtract to the above list?

Ron Killian

For me...

- Share on social media. Mostly Twitter and G+

- Sharing sites, though limited to IM type content sites. Content curation.

- Comment on other blogs. This will bring in comments automatically, so you don't have to ask for them. Can bring other opportunities as well.

- On longer posts I try to create a PDF for free download. Of course add branding and links to it.

My problem is I am not consistent enough with my blogging.

Nemanja

Premium Member
For me...

- Share on social media. Mostly Twitter and G+

- Sharing sites, though limited to IM type content sites. Content curation.

- Comment on other blogs. This will bring in comments automatically, so you don't have to ask for them. Can bring other opportunities as well.

- On longer posts I try to create a PDF for free download. Of course add branding and links to it.

My problem is I am not consistent enough with my blogging.
Why not is Facebook?

Twitter and G+ is better to get traffic over other social networks?

I will do Social Bookmarking for each new blog posts and at least 50 of them to pass the link juice.
What is the link juice with Social Bookmarking? I suppose that all Social Bookmarking sites are just allowing nofollow links and they are not useful for SEO.

hynds

In small and medium business, using Social media, especially Facebook, helps your business a lot. It's not only get traffic, get engagements, get visitors but also helps you to build your brand awareness, sell your products, sell your services quickly with cheaper cost.
With Facebook, there have many types of advertisement on its platform and base on your budget and business you want, you can run each ads types belong to it, example: Facebook CPC, post engagement, get fan like, get lead, video view,...

Good luck to you,

madhuri04

1. Social Media works great, you can share a post and share it to your target demographic. This does cost money and will take some trial and error.

2. Comment on other related blogs and make sure to link your name back to your blog.

3. Attend local events and give out your business cards.

Nemanja

Premium Member
2. Comment on other related blogs and make sure to link your name back to your blog.
I will consider to apply this technique but not sure it will work because the ratio of approval for blog comments are very low.

3. Attend local events and give out your business cards.
Seem this is offline marketing method. I have not ever tried this before.

DarioPV

It seems you're already doing a great job promoting it. Seems you are doing plenty already but if you want to do even more you can try to use Quora. When you write an article, you can check Quora to see are there any questions that are partially or fully covered in your post.

If you decide to do that, I'd suggest you to give at least a short version of the answer in the reply and not just a link to your blog post.

vishwa

The very First step to promote a new blog post is to share it on Social networking sites. It will help to get initial readers for your newly published post. After that you can do blog commenting. Most of the blog uses Commentluv on their comment which will show the latest post of your blog when you drop a comment.

contentranked

When I publish a new blog post that I optimized on-page SEO as well for it, I usually do these following ways to get links and traffic:

- Post automatically to social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, Tumbler
- Post on social bookmarking sites
- Email my list and including the post in it
- Check out similar article links from competitors that having links on other sites and ask webmasters to share or read my post
- Ask comments from friends on social media

Should I also make a PDF file or videos of the post to promote my blog post? what promotions do you use when publishing a new post? What would you add or subtract to the above list?
Here's how I promote a post:

1. Pre outreach (reach out to influencers who have written a post on the similar topic I'm writing. Get their general feedback)
2. Email outreach (Email people that have been known to share similar content in the past and let them know about mine)
3. Email list (because this just makes sense)
4. Publish repurposed versions of the SAME content that I created on various other sites (Slideshare, Video, etc.)
5. Share on social media channels

Has been pretty effective.

joe

Since everybody has already given you good tips.

Here's what I am going to do. I will share one personal tip of mine but go a bit more in detail.

I usually use Buzzsumo to do this.

What does it do?

It shows you who "shares" the post and how influential they are.

- You will see a list of people who have shared the post and THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION.
- Contact just the 5 most influential ones

Here's a template I used:

" Hey Mark,

I noticed that you enjoy reading about XYZ. I have just written a post on it and share my personal opinions on it.

If you want you can check it out at: mywebsite.com/my-opinion-matters-too

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Joe

"

Be careful not to ask him to "share" your post because you've already asked for one favor (getting him to read the post). If your post is good - he'll surely share it with his network of like-minded friends (he's already done it with an article similar to yours, right?).

8 out of 10 times, it works for me and my clients.

You should try it and share with us how it works.

Elisabeth Kuhn

Thanks, Joe. I really appreciated your advice about BuzzSumo. I've read about it and never got around to try it, but I will now.

@ Nemanja:

About the low approval rate of blog comments... You're right. That's a challenge. I keep seeing it from the other side when the ratio of "real" comments and spam comments is less than 1 to 100. This means that it can happen that a real comment gets deleted along with the spam.

Don't give up though:

Only comment on blog posts where you can genuinely contribute and write a valuable post, making a real contribution that is relevant to the blog post, with NO self promotion. It should also be at least a couple of paragraphs. Then add your website into the proper field.

Do it especially on blogs where you know the owner, but also others as well. Some of them will find the post and approve it, and even respond. And respond to current posts. And then, respond to another current post a week or two later. Eventually, you may catch the blogger's attention.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.