What Wordpress plugins do you use?

Ron Killian

Too general a question. Depends on the site and what you want or need it to do. Varies per site.

For my store I have a affiliate plug, but of course not on the rest of my sites. Couple of my sites use the Genesis theme, so they have theme-specific plugins.

Plug-ins I use pretty much every time..

Wordfence - Security, bad file scan and reminder of needed updates.

Discus - Comment moderation and control.

Intense Debate - Shortcuts to style my post and page content

WP Fastest Cache for obvious reasons

Easy Social Share Buttons - Social sharing and social profile links

Fanciest Author Box - Better author box than Wordpress provides.

Google Analytics and dashboard widget plugins - Traffic and visitor stats.

Kraken Image Optimizer - Compress and optimize images

MCE Table Buttons - Easy tables in Wordpress.

Premium SEO Pack - Search engine optimization.

Pretty Link Lite - Shrink, track and create better looking, less promotional looking links.

Q2W3 Fixed Widget - Fixes certian widgets so they don't move as the user scrolls.

Simple Sidebars - Unlimited sidebars, can pick sidebar per page or post.

Zend Desk - Customer support

Many others that are specific per site.

imnathanjames

As with any one my list of plugins is pretty long.
My main go to are
Instabuilder for sales or optin pages
wordfence for security
woocommerce

hope this helps

learn2do

There are plugins I want to provide to this list. Almost all of them are on recommended list of WordPress:
- Jetpack - Improve website performance
- Akismet - Security
- Contact Form 7 - Easily generate contact form (I always use this since I don't need a detailed contact form with some high-class features)
- TinyMCE Advanced - To edit content easier
- OpstinMonster - Great plug-in for email listing (but it's not free)

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
I used TinyMCE for a while but then discovered that I could unlock some wordpress buttons in the editor, ones that are available but not showing by default. Gave me everything I needed and I could ditch TinyMCE.

Things I did not like about TinyMCE is that it takes over the entire editor, so it did not work with other shortcode plugins I used. Also, sounds dumb, but you can not copy paste with your mouse, where you can with the normal wordpress editor.

Also, when I was using TinyMCE for my site when it was OSCommerce, I later learned it left all kinds of it's own code. Which I now have to fix (remove), many, many, many pages. :(

Don't need to be negative, it works well, just wasn't for me any more.

SenseiSteve

I generally install WP Edit, Contact Form 7, SEO by Yoast and WordFence immediately on new sites. Plugins will vary by site.

TheStrugglingNewb

Like everyone has already said, it really depends on what the main goal of your site is. I actually have 31 plugins installed on my site, but I also use a top notch hosting account so my website loads really fast even though I have a lot of plugins installed.

But I will have to say that the top 5 plugins that I absolutely must use are:
1.) LeadsFlow Pro (Marketing Automation Plugin)
2.) Project Supremacy (SEO Plugin)
3.) WP Linkshield Diamond (Affiliate Link Cloaker)
4.) Facebook Conversion Pixel (For adding conversion pixels to specific post and pages)
5.) Thrive Clever Widgets (For targeting widgets to specific posts and pages)

And of course I use the standard free plugins like Akismet, Q2W3 Fixed Widget, WP htaccess Control and many more.

Elloriel

If we speak about SEO: good combination is Yoast SEO & SEO Pagination - Title and Description for each page

FreebieBoy34

Hi Julzwriter. I often use All in One SEO Pack, Contact Form 7, and that image gallery plugins (which I forgot the name)... These are just some of the plugins that I usually install whenever I create websites in WP...:)

Rob Whisonant

Let me first say I am not a Wordpress fan. Do I use it? Yes, when a site actually needs a "blog." I try to use the least plug-ins I can. Some sites I don't use any.

The ones I do use most are Genesis plugins for hooks and footer control.

skullofskill

The most important plugin for me, for all of my WordPress websites, is Yoast SEO. When I follow the advice of the Yoast SEO plugin, my websites see top results on Google, and other search engines, consistently. So long as I keyword it correctly by using keywords that are searched for within any niche.

As far as other plugins that are useful to me:

Contact Form 7,
Affiliate Advantage,
CB Press,
WP Pages Takeover,
S2Member,
WP Ad Punch,
Ad Codez Widget,
AddThis Share Buttons,
Shortcodes Ultimate,
Content Views,
WP Fastest Cache,
CB Goliath,
and I have always appreciated Hide Admin Bar running on any of my membership sites.

I guess it comes down to what purpose a particular website of mine has.
And I try to never forget about a good popup plugin. I like popup plugins to have functionality that work with logged-in users vs not logged-in. And popup plugins that can be adjusted to how often a pop-up appears.

Oh, and another great plugin is WP Sales Bar. GREAT for doing the whole cookies explanation for privacy policy. WP Sales Bar is a top notification bar.

Colombiawebs

regards

Wrocket
Yoast
Wordfence

Blessings

Ron Killian

An edit to my original post, I made a mistake. Too late to edit.

For the Intense Plugin, I should have said "Intense Shortcuts", not debates as that is a completely different plugin.

My bad.

Since I made a new reply...

Another plugin I've started using recently is:

WP-Optimize - Cleans up your database quickly and easily. Gets rids of sessions and all kinds of junk. Shaved like 50 meg off my DB. Will also optimize tables which made a marked improvement and got rid of the overhead. NOTE: As it warns, ALWAYS backup your DB before using it. And it's a freebie. Only drawback, for some reason it breaks the permalinks for my affiliates, get 404's. Odd. So I just turn it off and on to clean up here and there.

Dopani

regards

Wrocket
Yoast
Wordfence

Blessings
Yoast SEO & Shortcodes Ultimate is the first and second plugin I install when running a Wordpress blog. Many others are:

BackWPup
COmmentLuv
DWBar
Fast Secure Contact Form
ShareAholic
The most important plugin for me, for all of my WordPress websites, is Yoast SEO. When I follow the advice of the Yoast SEO plugin, my websites see top results on Google, and other search engines, consistently. So long as I keyword it correctly by using keywords that are searched for within any niche.

As far as other plugins that are useful to me:

Contact Form 7,
Affiliate Advantage,
CB Press,
WP Pages Takeover,
S2Member,
WP Ad Punch,
Ad Codez Widget,
AddThis Share Buttons,
Shortcodes Ultimate,
Content Views,
WP Fastest Cache,
CB Goliath,
and I have always appreciated Hide Admin Bar running on any of my membership sites.

I guess it comes down to what purpose a particular website of mine has.
And I try to never forget about a good popup plugin. I like popup plugins to have functionality that work with logged-in users vs not logged-in. And popup plugins that can be adjusted to how often a pop-up appears.

Oh, and another great plugin is WP Sales Bar. GREAT for doing the whole cookies explanation for privacy policy. WP Sales Bar is a top notification bar.
What are benefits from using these plugins, can you explain in details for each one?
I am seeing many strange plugins your list that I have not used on my blogs.

FoxMetrics

thanks for clearing that up Ron. I asked because i want to use that plugin, a shortcut to formatting would be awesome. I looked up intense shortcuts as well and am not finding anything. If its not too much to ask can you find the exact name of it on your WP and or send a screenshot of the plugin details? Thanks

tayyabwpb

Currently I'm Using following wordPress Plugins

1. Analytify For website Analytics
  2. LoginPress for Custom Login Page
  3. Yoast Plugin for SEO Purpose
  4. Custom Login Page Customizer
  5. iThemes Security for Website Security
  6. Updraft plus for website backup

bijutoha

Plugins can be used for many things, so I can easily find the ones that work best for me. I use WP Rocket and RankMath most of the time.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.