What do programmers at Facebook do all day?

bob

Do you guys thinks programmers at Facebook are working all day or just part time on projects that required by their leaders?
I'd like to hear your shares :)

ulterios

Well since most other people in other jobs wind up spending all day on Facebook, they (working there) probably spend all day on Twitter! ;)

Joe B. Ray

I am pretty sure Facebook programmers have to work hard. They paid well, as far as I know, so they probably have a lot of pressure to preform.

Hawker

In short, they program, email each other about programming, meet to figure out what to program next, talk about programming, grab coffee so they can program longer, drink water so they can program hydrated, take naps and dream about programming and occasionally take bathroom breaks due to all the coffee and water.

Yes they are given set tasks to do and have to go into the office 9-5 to do it like any other programming job.

I don't know what your purpose for this thread was or what kind of answer you was expecting but that's about the gist of it.

Last edited:

EpicGlobalWeb

I do know that the NSA can't hire enough computer scientists because Facebook out-pays them by huge magnitudes. Only 1% of graduates are computer scientists and they all work at Google or Facebook and do projects on the side. They're all very rich, the ones I know.

But they all always work too. Its not healthy. Hawker had a very accurate summary. That's why these companies have so many benefits right at work and free meals and daycare etc. They don't want anybody to ever leave lol

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views