Buying Through Your Own Affiliate Link - JVZoo Warning!

Miguelito203

As newbies (or affiliate marketers in general), do you think it's okay to buy through your own affiliate link? One of my internet marketing friends was telling me the other day that they noticed some of the people that requested to be affiliates on JVZoo only did so in order to buy through their own link, so they could get a discount. While I've always thought this was a bit of unethical and sketchy, she also told me that product creators on JVZoo can now look and see how much traffic certain people send, can tell whether they buy through their own link (thought they could do this before now but apparently not) and so on. My point is that now, product creators can look and ban affiliates who do this. She also told me that there is a list going around of banned affiliates, so all of the product creators will know - don't be one of them.

Joey

Percentage

Buying through your own affiliate link can get you banned. Well that's what I know.

Isaiah Jackson

Generally speaking you should never buy from your own affiliate link.

If you want access to the product, contact the product creator.

But yes, I wouldn't allow anyone to promote my products if I knew they was just going to buy from their affiliate link.

Isaiah

Rob Whisonant

Personally I don't mind if an affiliate buys through their own link as long as they have previously made sales and are continuing to make sales of one or more of my products.

Now if they sign up as an affiliate just to make the one sale to get the discount... They will not be paid on that sale.

Muzzamil

As newbies (or affiliate marketers in general), do you think it's okay to buy through your own affiliate link? One of my internet marketing friends was telling me the other day that they noticed some of the people that requested to be affiliates on JVZoo only did so in order to buy through their own link, so they could get a discount. While I've always thought this was a bit of unethical and sketchy, she also told me that product creators on JVZoo can now look and see how much traffic certain people send, can tell whether they buy through their own link (thought they could do this before now but apparently not) and so on. My point is that now, product creators can look and ban affiliates who do this. She also told me that there is a list going around of banned affiliates, so all of the product creators will know - don't be one of them.

Joey
Websites like Clickbank and JVZoo can now tell if people buy through their own affiliate links so if your friend buys from his/her own affiliate link multiple times, your w friend's account will be shutdown eventually and will have to create a new account. If your friend still buys through personal affiliate link, his/her IP address will be blocked but I am not totally sure about this but some people have told me this but the account will be definitely shutdown. So do it on your own risk.

hipporeview

In some sites say that at the beginning , a new account with zero sale request link very difficult to be approved, so is it possible to ask our friends to buy products for us to increase sales? Because i think if we have about 25 sales, we can get links easier.

ivanab

From time to time I do buy through my affiliate link. (normally I just use a personal paypal account to do so) Why? Normally if I am interested in promoting a product, and I don't know the product owner, I won't ask for a review copy! And I don't feel I have to pay the full price just to check it out.

And I have affiliates who buy my products through their affiliate link. AND I do allow it - for now at least...

Lina

Well, the merchant will always know if the purchase has been made by the affiliate using his affiliate link.
I usually do not mind if the affiliate has been bringing sales before.

@brainokit - maybe worth asking for a free product in case it is for review. Definitely it depends on the product, but I always provide a free test service to the affiliate who is about to write a review and needs some experience with the product.

Lina

ivanab

ivanab

Thanks Lina, I do ask for a review copy if I know that seller, however if I don't, I will purchase it.

EpicGlobalWeb

It doesn't really matter and I don't think it's unethical. They have prepared a price-point and the "low" is the affiliate price. Anything more is just a bonus. Especially with software, where the profit margins are well over 50% for small operations. I've even had some companies suggest to me to do this exact thing - have them sign up for a lower price - in order to make a sale.

Knightrider

A potential buyer who uses his own affiliate link to get a discount for a product or services is not bad for that company. I will explain this! A company uses affiliates to get serious customers who will be with them for a long time. If someone is buying from his own link, it means he is serious about that product, he is planning to use that product for a long time and this will benefit that company. However, it doesn't hold true for all types of companies and depend on niche of a particular company.

But its not so easy to get affiliate payment on every product. If you take hosting companies, most companies take atleast 3 months to pay for a sale, that means they have so much time to determine if the sale is genuine.

lehongan

Some of affiliate networks allow publishers buy products through their own link. But JVZOO is different, the products on JVZOO is a digital products such as softwares, tools, ebooks, plugins,... and the commision very high , 50%-100%. So they will ban any publishers break the rule.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.