The PR does not worth like before anymore, So how to identify Quality sites?

Nimit Suri

As we can see that Google is not paying any attention to its PR algorithm since last year and have confirmed that they are not willing to update it in future, and all of us were building links on High PR websites since the google launched its algorithm in 2013.

But, from now we have to find out an alternate solution to identify the quality websites.
Do, you have any solutions for this issue?

Nytshade

There are a couple of things you can do. But first you have to understand that PR is still getting updated, just not to the public. Backlinks create link juice and that link juice is actually pagerank so google are still using PR it's just not displayed to the public anymore to avoid spam.

1. Social Media

A few things you can do to determine if a site is an authority site or not is to look at their social media accounts. If they're getting a lot of engagement then you know their site is probably getting shared all over the net. So you also have to look at social shares on their social profiles and blog.

Shares attract a lot of organic backlinks and increase a website's authority. So look at their social media and blog social shares.

2. Blog Engagement

Another thing to look at is the blog comments, check if they get a lot of engagement on their blog as well. Check at least 10 of their blog post and see if people are always engaging with their content or not. If they have a good engagement on each blog post then they probably are an authority site.

3. Check Traffic

Use a tool like SEMrush to check their blog traffic, check their seo, see if they get paid traffic and an estimation of how many visitors they get in a month. Also check if they're monthly traffic is growing of decreasing. Traffic is another good way to see if a site is an authority site or not.

4. Check for backlinks

Use sites such as moz, majestic and ahrefs to analyze the backlinks for each site. I also look at the anchor text to make sure it's not spammy and check the sites that are linking to them. For instance if I'm analyzing BLOG 1 and I find that BLOG 22 has links to BLOG 1 then I also have to check if BLOG 22 is also an authority site.

You have to make sure that the site you're targeting has some good links from other authority sites as well.

I don't care about things such as trust flow, citation flow, domain and page authority (DA/PA). Those don't mean squat to me, so I don't look at them.

Hope that helps.

Nimit Suri

Have noted down every point you mentioned .Thank you for giving a insight to my query .I think the main focus should be on the social media accounts they have & blogs they have posted .Many of the sites just have their accounts made on social media platform but the post are just negligible.Just a post or content update here and there.
DA/PA only holds value if the site has good backlinks and has nice amount of organic traffic.
All these tips are handy.Appreciate the reply MOD

vishwa

There is still some site or tools to check the authority of site. One of them are MOZ. However you can also check site authority using other tools like Semrush, Majestic SEO, Ahrefs etc.

SEOPub

As we can see that Google is not paying any attention to its PR algorithm since last year and have confirmed that they are not willing to update it in future, and all of us were building links on High PR websites since the google launched its algorithm in 2013.

But, from now we have to find out an alternate solution to identify the quality websites.
Do, you have any solutions for this issue?
This is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG!

Google is absolutely still paying attention to and incorporating PR in their algorithm, and they have NEVER said anything otherwise. It is updated everyday. They just do not release any PageRank data publicly anymore.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.