Verify your sites with Google webmaster tools, analytics or not?

Harry P

I heard some guys on the forum said that it's better if you don't verify your sites with Google webmaster tools, analytics so that Google will not know which errors are existing on your sites. Is it correct? and your site will get better rankings if you don't verify Google WMT or Analytics?

Thanks in advance for your comments

samimnoorzaitgc

Who says you should avoid verifying? It depends on your own decision. Do not hide errors, fix them!

The better your website is optimized, the higher it'll rank.

Google Analytics gives you a full report of your site's visitors, lets you track them.

Google Webmaster tools lets you know about your website's errors and details. They both are friendly, why not verifying with them? to hide your website's errors? that can't be a reason, they'll find the errors even if you don't verify.

Hope you understand!
:thumb:

ulterios

Great reply by samimnoorzaitgc!

I fully agree with what he said. You get so much more out of them then you would any theoretical minuses.

If you site has errors or things that need to be fixed or improved, Google, Bing and the rest are going to see them when they crawl your site, verified or not!

Good Luck.

vishwa

According to me you have to submit your site to Google webmasters tools and Google analytics. It will help you to sort out your website errors and also help you to monitor your website traffic.

Miguelito203

I heard some guys on the forum said that it's better if you don't verify your sites with Google webmaster tools, analytics so that Google will not know which errors are existing on your sites. Is it correct? and your site will get better rankings if you don't verify Google WMT or Analytics?

Thanks in advance for your comments
It's interesting you mention this because I kind of heard the same thing when I first got started. People kind of scared me off from doing it. Even though I still don't do it, I actually agree with what everyone else has said. Logically, it's better to just fix it. I also heard that if you use Webmaster Tools, you get a more precise idea of the keywords people use to come to your site and like where you are ranked for certain keywords.

Joey

Hawker

It's one of them things that falls into the "It's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" category.

Without WMT you wont really know about any errors or problems on your site that Google has found.

Even without it, Google will still see those errors, missing pages etc etc. But how will you know unless you're using something else to keep track of that?

It helps in lots of other ways as well. Basically the pros, far outweigh the cons.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.