Nofollow comments, is it worth?

Steve32

Hi SEOers, As I know almost links on comments are being applied nofollow on blogs, is it worth our efforts in terms of SEO? does it help to boost ranking or increase traffic for your sites?

MrT

Hopefully we can avoid another nofollow vs. dofollow debate here lol.

In this case, I think we can, because whether a comment is nofollow or not, it doesn't matter, as it is unlikely to be of much help with rankings. If you find dofollow comments, you can bet it's going to be full of spam.

In my opinion though, comments, nofollow or not are beneficial if on a relevant blog. Great way to get some targeted traffic and build relationships.

Will it boost rankings? Most likely it won't, if it does it won't be much. Will it increase traffic? Yes.

Ron Killian

As already mentioned, it can bring you some traffic. Though it's not usually that much. How much depends on where you comment. Also, if a blog has commentLuv and you use good post titles, it can be a little boost. I also get traffic from my Disqus profile, for blogs I comment on that use that system. That was actually a surprise to me when I noticed it.

But as T also mentioned, commenting can build relationships with other bloggers. This can lead to guest posts, being included in round up posts and getting more loyal social sharers.

It's a more long term strategy. Though it can pay off if your consistent and persistent.

ev3v4hn

Will it boost rankings? Most likely it won't, if it does it won't be much. Will it increase traffic? Yes. << yes mRT was right
But i like do follow, or just mix it :boxing:

javievardy

Links noffolow not valuable , it can not help increase the ranking your website on google rankings . Only links dofollow link works to increase your website ranking .

hrishivardhan

Hi SEOers, As I know almost links on comments are being applied nofollow on blogs, is it worth our efforts in terms of SEO? does it help to boost ranking or increase traffic for your sites?
I would ask here, are your comments to the post worth to other users? are you using useful content to the comment that can give any benefits to the readers? Is your comment or the link you have put in the comment give extra information that is not available on blog post? If you can say "yes" to all this question then the link you post is worth being whatever nofollow or dofollow.

dedica_manager

Backlinks with nofollow have some importance in the rankings and affect the issuance of search engines. The value of such links is far less than dofollow for obvious reasons. In particular, any important back links (nofollow or dofollow) from reputable sites.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.