What is the best performance cache for a VPS?

Harry P

Hey there,

I am wanting to enhance performance for one of my VPS by installing a caching system for it. I read articles about some caching options such as APC, eAccelerator, Memcached, XCache and WinCache. I think WinCache not working with Linux hosting, right?

What is the best performance cache option for a VPS hosting?

Please share your experience. Thanks!

Localnode

What OS is your VPS running on? There's memcached, Redis, and various other Apache caching modules.
Then there's website caching (for Wordpress there's Cache Enabler), Varnish, and many others.

The best (in my opinion) is mod_lsapi, but that does PHP only.

But it really depends on what web server you're running, as well as what your website will be built with.

JonaHost

Hard to determine what is best for you. It all depends on what you are running and most importantly "what type of website/script"

All the caches work but works best when configured for specific caching reasons.
APC/VARNISH is good and also is memcahced

HM-Mike

My personal choice would be APC, although it does use a lot of RAM, but configure it just right and it will work perfectly for you.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
I am using memcached and opcache for improving performcance for my hosting but I will change from Memcached to Redis because I heard good things about it.

I will update once when I have PHP7 on my sites.

For the OP, I would suggest you install some caching solutions on your VPS to test which is suitable and best for you then go with that.

vps9

Some best of Caching software are varnish, squid, Memcached / memcached with PHP and etc. which provides high-performance and speed up sites which are based on Database.

Harry P

Hard to determine what is best for you. It all depends on what you are running and most importantly "what type of website/script"

All the caches work but works best when configured for specific caching reasons.
APC/VARNISH is good and also is memcahced
Thanks for your advice, I will try to have a look on APC/VARNISH

What OS is your VPS running on? There's memcached, Redis, and various other Apache caching modules.
Then there's website caching (for Wordpress there's Cache Enabler), Varnish, and many others.

The best (in my opinion) is mod_lsapi, but that does PHP only.

But it really depends on what web server you're running, as well as what your website will be built with.
I mostly run Centos for my VPS because I learned commands from this OS.

I heard more about Redis and memcached, can I install both on a same VPS? or just one?

My personal choice would be APC, although it does use a lot of RAM, but configure it just right and it will work perfectly for you.
Can I use OPcache instead of APC?

LorisZ

varnish is one of the best caching method used for VPS or servers. There are even Browser caching methods, third party caching methods.

ElixantTechnology

Memcached is absolutely amazing, and when used correctly it really does a lot of great... Did you know that Twitter and Facebook both use it? In most cases proper optimizations of softwares and plugins will do a lot more for a VPS; unless you are working with large scaled web services.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.