Facebook Conversions

bushell

Hi,

New around here. Just a quick question maybe someone can help with. Whilst running a Facebook campaign, you can do pay per conversions. Is it possible to set a conversion up, for overtime someone makes a purchase through your affiliate link, e.g. buy a flight through your expedia link. How would that be tracked?

Not sure if this is the right forum, sorry.

Thanks

ericplotz1

Most affiliate links are banned. I haven't personally tried expedia. but Im sure its not allowed. Plus direct linking to an offer works like crap anyway.

And most ad networks wont allow it.

You need a landing page, then you can add the tracking code before the closing in the header to track your conversions. You should be offering an incentive in exchange for emails. And focus on converting the list. Advertising should just be used to drive traffic. The conversion rate is low af on FB when direct linking to an offer.

You need a piece of spoof news or something to use as click bait. How the hell can you click bait someone when your advertising the offer? You can't and your just gonna look like another ad then pops through the feed. Ads where you don't notice it says "Sponsored" because the headline and ad copy is so capitivating and targeted that you completely over look it. Thats a good ad. You cannot be 100% targeted with an offer. EVER.

Why?

You're probably thinking "if I know someone wants to buy a toaster, and I thrown an ad of a toaster up, that's 100% targeted right?"

WRONG.

You don't know if that person is in the buying mood when showing the ad, wasting the impression because it wasn't shown at the right time. There's no way to know when a buyer is ready to buy, you can only lead them through the process.

A targeted ad is content that appeals to the reader and they're gonna click it no matter what! Any sales copy, and a large percentage of your impressions aren't going to click.

bushell

Hi, thanks for such a detailed reply. I probably didn't make myself too clear. I have a blog I want to land my visitors too, the blog posts have affiliate links in - and I want to make my Facebook conversion, overtime a affiliate link is clicked its counted as a conversion.

thanks again

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies