Is YouTube better for eBook marketing?

CyberAlchemist

Is YouTube more effective in terms of promoting an eBook than just sticking it on other platforms like Amazon, Google Play?

I have an eBook in the make money online niche and am looking at which are the best ways to market it that would possibly have maximum results.

Any advice given is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ulterios

YouTube can be effective but the main thing that will have an impact on success is if you can get enough traffic to watch the video. Other platforms that get a lot of traffic naturally by people looking for what you are selling can many times be hard to beat.

If you can get enough interested people to see your YouTube video/s then you might do well. I think that if you have a way to drive traffic to watch the video either on YT or a landing page, website or something then it will probably do just as well there as anywhere (depending on what it is).

Why not use all methods instead of just one or a couple? Just my 2.5 cents! ;)

WebmasterPhil

If you're going to market anything on YouTube, I would recommend disabling the comment section. Also, consider disabling the like and dislike buttons. YouTube is awesome for many reasons but there is also plenty of immature people who write negative comments on that platform. It's a risk and perhaps you might want to try - but if you see a lot of bias comments under your video, then consider disabling the comments. The video itself is still good for the promotion, so yes, it's worth promoting your eBook on YouTube.

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
I'm sorry but I can't agree with this. In my experience, any comments / dislikes increase its traffic and ranking in YouTube. A video with 1,000 controversial comments will show up in YouTube's search far faster than one with good keywords and disabled comments.

learn2do

Promoting your product in many channels always better than just using one channel. But in my opinion, promoting an eBook in Youtube is not so effective. People is accustomed to reading quality eBook/tutorial on Youtube, not buy them. Create a good video to provide more information about your eBook and put it in your product introduction articles is a good idea, but to make people buy an eBook by watching your Youtube video is not easy at all.

Developer

I find YT a great venue when I want to promote an ebook which LISTS several solutions to a problem.

When I create the videos, I give one or two of the "solutions/tips" within the video itself and then end with something like "for more great tips/solutions/whatever, grab a copy of XYZ EBOOK by visiting WEBSITE-NAME".

Likewise, if you have an ebook which teaches you how to do something, walk the viewer through the first few steps within the video and then explain that in order to get the rest of the methods, they can purchase your ebook.

NEVER tell them that they HAVE TO purchase the ebook, always word it as CAN:

i.e. To receive the rest of the instructions, you can purchase my ebook from XXXXXXX
NOT: To receive 13 additional tips, you have to purchase...

If your ebook is strictly informational (such as a biography of someone), explain within the video what subject matters the ebook covers and explain why the consumer should purchase the ebook.

And, always always always offer a special bonus to those who mention "I saw your YT video". It will entice them to view more of your videos in the future, send others to your videos and will make them feel like they're getting something extra.

However, as Ulterios pointed out, NOTHING will help you if you don't have traffic. Once you have mastered the art of obtaining traffic, you can use ANY method to successfully market ANY type of product...

Mark Young

Is your product going to have it's own marketing website dedicated to it? If not, consider making a webpage for your product. Anyways, using both YouTube and Amazon is most effective.

ravi

normally ebook are not marketed via video channel like youtube. but who knows if you think showing pages of your ebook and so on would help selling it then why not give a try.

good luck

paul1129

First of all to get conversion you will have to do it very right. Make a video which is professional looking, try to solve any problem in it and then left clues to the ebook which can lead to solving even more bigger problems or help your audience.

Muzzamil

Is YouTube more effective in terms of promoting an eBook than just sticking it on other platforms like Amazon, Google Play?

I have an eBook in the make money online niche and am looking at which are the best ways to market it that would possibly have maximum results.

Any advice given is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Youtube is very effective in promoting all kinds of products/services. Many people have used Youtube to promote their physical and eBooks so you can definitely use Youtube to sell your eBook. You might also want to try Facebook ads because Facebook is very useful today in promoting any kind of stuff. Good Luck!

Isaiah Jackson

Depends.

If you are able to rank your videos in the Youtube Search Engine than I would say sure that using youtube is a great idea.

Truthfully using YouTube to drive traffic to stuff you create is a good idea, but the only real way to find out would be to test it out.

If you need a course I recommend Video Traffic Academy by James Wedmore as it goes through how to rank videos in YouTube

Isaiah

I'm sorry but I can't agree with this. In my experience, any comments / dislikes increase its traffic and ranking in YouTube. A video with 1,000 controversial comments will show up in YouTube's search far faster than one with good keywords and disabled comments.

I'd have to agree with you having a video get negative comments doesn't hinder its ability to rank in YouTube search, in fact it will probably rank 10 times faster.

Isaiah

FreebieBoy34

Hi there! If you are planning to make a video about your eBook and promote it in YouTube, I think that will work since poeple would rather look at interactive contents rather than reading plain text articles to get more information about the product you are selling. My only advice to you is not to treat this as you primary means of promoting your product. It would also help if you can create a blog and write contents that will inform your prospects about what your eBook is all about and post the same content through FaceBook...:)

Good luck!:)

William Bethman

YouTube isn't the best place for ebook marketing.
You should try some other sites like amazon because people visit these sites to purchase ebooks.
I don't know anyone who uses YouTube for purchasing ebooks.

matteomatt

The best way to promote your eBook on youtube is to make informational videos, and give out free content to warm them up. It should just be a general part of your overall strategy, but still sell it through amazon or your own book setup. Have a link to offer them more tutorials if they enjoyed yours.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.