Do search engine friendly URLs still matter?

CyberAlchemist

Does it still matter if your URLs are search engine friendly or not? is friendly URLs for better SEO than non friendly urls?

Code:
example.com/45646-this-is-a-title/
Or are the default ugly URLs okay?

Code:
example.com/post?id=45646
I'm doubting it is not more different when you use friendly url or not on your site.

WebmasterPhil

Titles in the URL are better more so for human readability than SEO. I'm not sure how much advantage the search engines still gives to keyword rich titles anymore - but it's still better than the default. Type in any long-tail keywords in Google and you'll still see that the matching keywords are highlighted.

Mike_Brown

In my experience, Google (at least) still value title driven URL's rather than randomized characters. Making your URL's SEO friendly can be a confusing process as there is conflicting opinions every where you look. For example, certain people still say it is not SEO friendly to include parameters in your URL. I believe Google has provided us the answer to this by allowing you to submit your parameter driven URL's to them via their WebMaster site.

As said above, the rule of thumb is to make your website/URL & content with user friendliness in mind, the major search engines should pick up on this.

Web Marketing Tool

For me also I still get better results from SEO when using "friendly" URLs. Plus it is much easier for humans. Plus it's better for humans looking through search engine results as your keywords are highlighted in the URL making your listing stand out that much more. Since it's best for both I see no reason why anyone wouldn't want to use them. I'm curious in case someone has a reason let me know.

DonaldLyons

In your case-

example.com/45646-this-is-a-title & example.com/post?id=45646

Search engines have no problem with either variant, but for certain reasons it’s better to use static URLs as "example.com/45646-this-is-a-title/" rather than dynamic ones "example.com/post?id=45646"

Thing is that, static URLs contain your keywords and are more user-friendly!! So it uses like that example.com/45646-this-is-a-title/
This will help search engine to understand easily and relate the things.

rfharris

rfharris
Yes, this is correct you should have the title of your post or what the page is all about in your URL to help both search engines as well as your visitors get a good idea what they are going to find on your page.

Cherin

In SEO URL is Matters. for Example your Website URL should be Related to Webpage Content like mywebsite.com/our-services.
Search engine will understand that related content easily.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.