How did you earn your first dollar online?

mrjock

I would like to hear how everyone made there first couple of dollars online?

limaromeo

Hello, nice question.
I have been in the online business for some time and I have few things to share.
I started making money from Google Adsense and Now I still use it but my focus today is selling websites on Flippa.
I love to help and I am willing to teach anyone who needs a help to start making money online.
I am serious about it okay.
Thanks for reading,
Talk soon........

Inquestor

Inquestor
I see this is your first post and was pondering deleting it as spammed advertisements. However your post is relevant to the discussion and helpful so I will leave it.

The first dollar I made online was back in 2009 building proxies and using Adsense to monetize the homepage. Learned a lot in the year but not enough.

ericplotz1

I found vintage books at thrift stores and estate sales, then resold on Ebay, Amazon, and Abe. Made a pretty penny doing it, was just a lot of work. Sometimes I would show up to an estate sale only to find tons of crap books. Im in Ventura county CA and the Vintage book space is pretty competitive out here.

When I was in MI, there wasn't anyone doing it though. So the thrift stores out there are gold mines.

Biggest profit on a book was around $400 (can't recall exactly). How To Sell Your Way Through Life by Napoleon Hill. I liked it more than Think And Grow Rich. Actually regret selling it now, but I was hurting for cash at the time.

WebmasterPhil

Adsense way back in the days. It was easy money then but Google made changes to counter SEO and then the Ad blockers became popular. It was a double whammy. I also promoted credit cards as an affiliate and that was good money too but then some of the affiliate marketing networks went out of business while others made it much harder to join their networks. This is the one thing newbies should learn about Internet Marketing, that there's always going to be factors that will be beyond your control. Always put that into consideration before investing into any business.

mrjock

mrjock
I used to love the amount of ad revenue google adsense generated back in the day. I used to run a small host of proxies and having this websites submitted to proxy.xxx for $5 generated me over $100 in adsense revenue. My first adsense cheque was way over $1000 and sadly the last time I attended such a project the revenue was shocking!

samimnoorzaitgc

I got my first few dollars out of an Indie Game I had developed. It was exactly as $17 in three months (looking great right?). Gamejolt shares their revenue with developers and so it was then when I interested to start making money online.

Miguelito203

I think the first money I made online was through doing paid surveys (wouldn't recommend it). That didn't last long. My sister got me into that. After that, I made some money by writing. More specifically, I published written content to sites and got paid for my submissions. I wasn't a fan of that because I'm a slacker, and the pay didn't seem to be enough for the work I put in. :) After that, I got into affiliate marketing. At first, I promoted stuff on free sites (these days are long gone). Once they started changing the rules, getting hit by the changes in search engine algorithms and all that, I started publishing content on my own sites. You didn't ask for all that. I talk too much - ha.

Joey

cesarmatute

cesarmatute
I did the exact same thing, and I don't recommend it either. I started first by watching advertisement (PTC sites), but I didn't advance much, so I decided to try paid surveys. I earned $8 or so, but it demanded a lot of time and patience.

I wish I had put al the time dedicated to paid surveys and PTC to something else, like learning how to code. I had time back then, but now it's difficult to me to take a course as I don't have much time free.

Don't try Paid surveys nor PTC's. It's a waste of time.

FexInc

My first dollar I earn online is by Selling E-Books
Online.

limaromeo

Hello, nice start. I started doing lots of things from fiverr to iwriter where I could write lots of articles. But that was a good start to take me where I am today. I am still writing posts but now I do that for my blogs. I write good quality articles in Portuguese which is my main language and in English too.
THe thing is Adsense pays much more for a click in English websites than in Portuguese websites. Probably due to the ROI, the conversion in USA or English language countries are much higher than in Brazil for example. That is why the cost per click is better in terms of payout, I guess. I can be wrong. Not sue but that is my personal guess.

I used to create some ebook covers and selling articles too. That time is gone but it worth a try if someone needs to get a start and get ready for the next phase of online marketing.

I also suggest new marketers to take a look on Flippa and search for websites that are being sold in the niche that has something they like to get the hands on.
Nothing is easy on Internet Marketing and I also suggest new guys to stay way from get rich schemes. There is no such thing.

Cheers...........

Ron Killian

First money was made promoting adult affiliate programs. Can't remember which ones, been so long.

Just built sites, drove traffic, SEO. Good ads on sites. That's about it.

Developer

I completely understand and get what you're looking for here, however,
what I am about to say has NOTHING to do with how I made my FIRST
dollar. For most of us veterans, what we did back then to earn our 1st
dollar wouldn't work anymore anyway, no matter how hard we try now
a days. Times have changed...

So, let me tell you the one KEY element to making money anywhere, at
any time, in any niche...

Relationship Building

Building a relationship with your visitors, subscribers, members, customers,
(it doesn't matter who they are) is the #1 KEY TO SUCCESS, PERIOD!!!

And I don't care WHAT you're selling... My grandmother used to tell me that
she could sell "ketchup freeze pops" to eskimos anyday, anytime... and she
was right.

She had a way about her that she could finesse anyone into buying ANYTHING,
because she found a way to relate to them. She built a strong relationship with
everyone she came in contact with and THAT is what any half-way decent sales
person will do.

For the record though, the first dollar I made online was by reselling web site
hosting services dirt cheap... Back then, I was able to purchase a dedicated
server with a whopping 1GB storage, 25GB of bandwidth and 1,500 POP3
accounts. all for just $895 - I shit you not, again, times have changed, LOL.
I resold 25MB hosting accounts for $39.95 per month and actually did fairly
well.

Try selling a 25MB hosting account for $40 today and you'd end up getting
as far as a pope's fart on a hot day in the middle of his sermon. But, back
then (showing my age here a little, lol), the internet was so new that $40
was a fair price. (back then, domains were only available from 2 or 3 registrars
and would cost $35 per year and you HAD to register them for a minimum
of 2 years. I would resell those too, but didn't make much on that end, lol)

cutelovelybaby

My dollars online was joining a HIYP Program few years ago. After that, I gave up making money online. I have just come back for a month. Hope to earn more money by better way.

Rob Whisonant

I sold a book back in the 90's on how to make money with classified ads. Buyers had to mail in a check and then I emailed them the book. Sold it on BBS's also before the net really took off.

billwade79

My first dollar online it's about 3 years ago. It's have a program call : Digital Generation. When I have $1 I truly didn't know how to withdraw. 6 months later after I asked and research about Alertpay ( Payza now ) then I Knew and touch $1 for REAL. It's a awesome moment!

thagar

that was about a year ago.. affiliate marketing with youtube and facebook

Rockk

I've been in the online organization for some time and I have few things to reveal.
I started making money from Google Adsense and Now We still use it but my personal focus today is offering websites about Flippa.
I love to help and I is happy to teach anyone that needs an assist to start earning money online.
I have always been serious about that okay.
Nice reading,
Discussion soon

HM-Mike

I think my first ever sale online was selling on eBay... Gotta start somewhere I guess :p

hynds

My first dollar came from PTR (paid to read), in the past time I spend much time to read email everyday to earn money. It's not much income so It the first money I made online. That was fantastic :)

HighProxies

I did the PTC sites. At that time, many sites were offering 5 cents per click. This was pretty easy work and it was fast for me to cash out. Then things went down hill with these sites and they only started to offer a fraction of a penny, which was not worth the time or effort.

imnathanjames

Amazon for me. I used to own a horror affiliate store. dvd's, posters that type of thing.
Earned about $10 first month.not enough to cash out tho. I had to wait until the next month when i made more.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.