Which is the best social media for driving traffic to your site?

fromrachel

I am current use facebook, twitter, linkedin but ways I am applying seem not effective to bring more traffic to my sites.

As your experience which is the best social media to driving traffic to your sites. Give your vote for the best one and what ways have you used to bring maximum traffic? thanks in advance.

Developer

The answer to your question can not be answered here. Many factors come into play such as what type of site do you have, what types of offers are you making, how exactly are you trying to market yourself/your site, etc... For some tactics, Pinterest is best, for others it may be Twitter, while others would do better using Reddit... Again, a lot comes into play when asking such a question and requesting a valid response. Tell us a little more about your site, your offers, what your promoting and how you're promoting. This will help us provide a more defined and relative response...

UVM

I agree it really depends on your business and techniques.

For example:
If you are a mass consumer product business you are WAY more likely to generate interest on Instagram than other platforms. Instagram has a unique feel to it and its PERFECT for brands to showcase their products.

You also need to think about WHO your customers are and which platform they use. Also each platform is used different. For example here is my quick analysis of each platforms unique approach:

Facebook = Information sharing
Twitter = Attention grabbing headlines, punch lines, humor, creativity
Instagram = Visual, high quality, videos (are very unsaturated right now)

I would also like to add that if your primary need is for high quality traffic make sure you have already covered your basis with SEO and Paid-search-advertising.

Social media requires more effort per traffic than traditional SEO or PPC.

Tell me more about what you do and I will be able to give you more information.

ulterios

Overall, this is hard to answer because there are other things that we don't know about your site, offers, tactics, etc.

However, as a general rule for me, Twitter has worked better based on my personal experience. Many people prefer Facebook and that works for them, but Twitter is my go-to social network. Twitter is a lot easier to post content, offers, etc. more often and they won't look like complete spam if you are doing it properly.

They can all get you traffic and I use the main ones, but Twitter has always gotten me more Traffic...

datamaya

In my case, Facebook marketing brings the most traffic. But Facebook is getting more complicated with its various types of ads, post reach algorithm, advertiser interface, and getting more spam. Twitter, like Ulter said, is simpler (I personally is more convenient using Twitter), but less and less people are active on Twitter now.

WebmasterPhil

There is no easy answer. Most social networks will bring traffic. I can get very easy traffic from Pinterest but they don't convert well. Facebook traffic can convert but it's not easy to get traffic right away. I have to setup a Facebook fan page first then use their PPC to get traffic to that page. Facebook costs me money while Pinterest is free. Google+ and StumbleUpon was and will always be useless for me. Twitter hasn't done well for me either.

hynds

for me, for almost cases, the Facebook is the best social platform to drive traffic. I mean I used Facebook ads to get traffic for many purpose such as: sale online, brand awareness, get leads, get engagement,...So I recommend facebook first :)

webindiamaster

Hi,
Have a little explanation from my side too

1.Facebook bring traffics
2. Reddit
3. Pintrest
4.Instagram
5.This is the most important one as Google showing twitter results in the serp helping both in traffic and increase visibility of the website. :friends:

rfharris

facebook is the best option but if you know all the tricks of using reddit then it can give you even better results than facebook

Jifferson

In my opinion Facebook is the best social media for generating traffic. It has more than 1.5 billion users. You haven't mention about your strategies of promoting your site. I think there is a problem with your strategy, that's why you couldn't succeed.

freehdwalls

Within my case, Facebook advertising brings the most visitors. But Facebook gets more complicated with its various kinds of ads, content reach algorithm, marketer interface, and getting even more spam. Twitter, just like Ulter said, now is easier (I personally is somewhat more convenient using Twitter), but less and less individuals are active on Twitter today.

binelus

I am current use facebook, twitter, linkedin but ways I am applying seem not effective to bring more traffic to my sites.

As your experience which is the best social media to driving traffic to your sites. Give your vote for the best one and what ways have you used to bring maximum traffic? thanks in advance.
There is no best social media platform. All of them have a different way to get engagement to your interactions.

Most of the time, when you post content that people are interested in, you will drive more attention to your profile and if it's properly setup (like have a link in your bio on Instagram), you will drive traffic to your website and grow your following!

Stay consistent at it!

Gonzalus

In your case, I suggest you create more quality content and wait for organic traffic.
Your problem (must be) is that you need traffic for your site, so you create social page. But if yor social page got no traffic, will you creat another social page for a social page ? No, right ?
In the end, content still the main matter. Social page is like a magnifying glass, it will only help you have more traffic when have something to show them.

whland

I just started using twitter a few weeks ago. Been getting some good traffic from it.

Chad

ulterios

ulterios
Yeah, Twitter is a good sources of traffic. I use it for all my sites and there is a drastic jump in traffic fro Twitter when I am marketing consistently on there.

Once you get the system right, it can really boost the visits to your site! :thumb:

Revperrin

Have you been on Facebook long? What about on a personal level? If so go to you wall and go back through your history. See what type of post got likes then see which ones got shares. Not that that is the format you want to use with your professional page but if does give you a demografic of what your friends like. Maybe the reason you don't get many views is because you have the wrong people for your content or the wrong content for your people.

Revperrin

I started a Twitter account but really didn't understand it. I just started a linkin account today. I haunt made any posts of my own yet. Still trying to figure out how to use it. I do however like the way you can network with the type of businesses you are looking for.

vishwa

It really hard to say that which social network works because it varies from user to users. For me Facebook tends to be one of the best Social Network to promote my blog and its posts. I usually share my new published posts on my Facebook page and profile page and get some good result from it. Twitter also work great to me and gives me moderate results.

everett

I've found that Linked In works best for me and I think its because typically you're dealing with business people. Some of which own businesses themselves.

henderson16144

It depends on what type of your site and your products.
There are many type of social media could help you bring more traffic.
Personally, FB ads is good for you, if you build up clear plan, and know how to target audiences effectively. And then, you can increasing page likes, getting many clicks to your site also driving traffic.

However, you should also try to use other social media like twitter or Instagram to get more traffic.

Hope for help, good luck buddy

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.