Google index vs changing the site

denvercardonations

I want to trim down various portions of my website that aren't relevant, but when I do this Google (in webmaster tools) show these pages as broken links and missing data, Besides a sitemap, is there another way to flag these as gone?

elcidofaguy

I would implement a permanent 301 redirect to the home page via use of htaccess file - that way you consolidate link juice... There's tons of info online on how to do that i.e. page redirects, folder redirect etc.. Hope that helps ;-)

shivaganguly

You can remove the links through google websmaster which are not at all relevant. To remove a url from Google, first make sure that you are logged into your Google accounts. Next, go to the Google webmaster tools and click on the New Removal Request. Then, type in the exact url that you want removed and then click continue. Finally, click Remove this page. After sometime, the page will be removed from Google index and it will not show as error.

samimnoorzaitgc

samimnoorzaitgc
Have you tried this yourself? What will replace the numeric error? Do the removed page(s) show as "Page not Found"?

As elcid said, 301 redirect would consolidate link juice, no idea if removing a page from google webmaster tools would help do this. Share your info.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views