How to earn through blogging

Purres

I am just curious on how people earn by blogging. More people are building their new blogs and I am still figuring out how they would earn from building a blog site. I have an account on Wordpress where I am writing about internet marketing and web hosting. There were visitors but it is fairly personal. I have heard that there are those who earn from doing such but I do not know how. Please help me. thanks

Miguelito203

The main way marketers earn from a site like that is through affiliate marketing. Nowadays, all of the major companies have affiliate programs -- even companies like Walmart, Amazon, and the like. Affiliate marketing is the idea of promoting someone else's product or service in exchange for a commission on every sale made -- like a car salesman or something. Companies do this because it saves them money on advertising (something the affiliate takes care of via social media, paid advertising or whatever).

Additionally, whenever a customer buys through an affiliates link, they automatically get put on the vendor/merchant/product creator's list, so they can market product to them down the line. This could be worth hundreds or thousands of dollars to the merchant/vendor/product creator, so paying an affiliate a small percentage isn't a big deal. Most often, marketers promote vendors' products by getting ranked in the search engines for keywords that people are looking to buy a particular product use to search.

Let's say I were thinking about buying a DVD of one of my favorite movies or something. I might type, "'Something the Lord Made' dvd" or something like that. From the standpoint of a marketer, that's something very specific that the potential customer is obviously already familiar with considering purchasing. I might sign up to Amazon, create a blog, and get ranked for something like "'Something the Lord Made' DVD review." I'd use social media and other techniques to get ranked. This is an overview, but I hope it makes some sense.

ulterios

Miguelito is correct, most bloggers are earning money from affiliate marketing in one form or another. All you have to do is go to any of the top blogs and you'll see affiliate ads everywhere, including in the text of the articles/posts that they put up.

There are other ways, like sponsored advertisements on their blogs, but affiliate marketing is the easiest way to make money blogging for most people. There are exceptions to this but this is true for most bloggers.

It's all about the marketing! :thumb:

vishwa

Bloggers make money from affiliate marketing. However Most newbie bloggers make money through Adsense. To get success with your blog, You have to add relevant and valuable content to your blog on regular basis. Try to help your users/readers by providing useful information which can sort out their problem. However there are other ways (As Ulterios just said in above post) to make money from your blog.

Rob Whisonant

I have a few blogs that I don't sell anything on. Just pure informational posts. But, I push the readers to get on my email list. I then provide even more content but also recommend products to solve their problems. (affiliate links)

PatrickT

Absolutely agree with all the statements mentioned above, also I would like to add- selling digital products on your blog: online courses, apps, plugins ,eBooks- products that will meet your readers' needs

Rockk

Miguelito is correct, many bloggers will be earning money coming from affiliate marketing in a single form yet another. All you have to perform is head to any of the best blogs and you will see affiliate marketer ads almost everywhere, including inside the text from the articles/posts that they can put up.

You will find other ways, just like sponsored promotions for their sites, but internet affiliate marketing is the simplest way to make cash blogging for most of us. There are exclusions to this yet this is true for many bloggers.

It can all about the marketing!

Cameron Hill

I would have some means of capturing people's email addresses to start an email list. You can then automatically monetize it through autoresponder sequences, as well as broadcasting emails whenever you want (eg daily).

For example you could have a pop up offering a free gift in return for their email (send the gift to their inbox).

Or you could have some kind of software like optin monster or optimonk that brings a popup onto you screen with an offer you can't refuse when you move your mouse to leave the page (it's pretty cool, you don't even have to click. It detects you're going near the top to click the x button and it pops up. Increases conversions massively).

Hope this helps :)

Cheers

Cam

EpicGlobalWeb

Everything is in the list!

1. Choose a hyper-niche. Not too big, not too small of a topic.
2. You need a way to collect user information (php can collect device data & IP without any user interactions or forms)
3. You need a way to get that info in an email blaster
4. Monitor who visits (comment fields, profile info, etc)
5. Monitor why they visit

Once you know why you know what to sell. This is a 6 month - 1 year process I just explained to you. You need time to get traffic.

PPC ads to free content sites are smart in my opinion. The payoff will be large later.

6. THE SECOND SALE!!!

The second sale is after someone signs up for something and buys an item. Even if the item is free, when they agree to take it (pdf books are common) you immediately try to close on the second sale. If you were to look on Vista Print you might notice that as soon as you check out for 250 free business cards, the entire checkout process is filled with second-sale pitches of your logo on pens, stickers, postcards, and everything else.

The second sale is where you sell your bread-and-butter item. This requires some sales engineering and dedicated thought into your sales funnel. People will often buy a second, larger item even if it's more expensive just to justify to themselves why they bought the first one.

Muzzamil

I am just curious on how people earn by blogging. More people are building their new blogs and I am still figuring out how they would earn from building a blog site. I have an account on Wordpress where I am writing about internet marketing and web hosting. There were visitors but it is fairly personal. I have heard that there are those who earn from doing such but I do not know how. Please help me. thanks
When you start getting visitors(readers) on you blog website, you can put up pay per click ads or affiliate links. This way people make money through blogging.

RebeccaDooley

Getting money earning from blog, it can be a daunting process and not easiest way for first beginner to get money from the blog. I have shared some important tact from which you can earn money from your WordPress blog-

Share useful content
Get off your blog and start finding readers
Build engagement with the readers that come
Start making money from the readership you have through one or more of a variety of income streams

Some other alternatives options that find niche bloggers who wanna looking your services or products & from them to derive income on your blog.

Advertising Income
Affiliate Income
Events
Recurring Income
Promoting a Business
Services/Products

rbmm

All of the above are ways to make money with a blog.
Remember that a blog is just a website that is structured for easy content management (i.e. posts).
Even though what has been said is correct, there are reasons to stay away from a few of the suggestions.
PPC (Pay-Per-Click) can get really expensive is you do not know what you are doing. The general consensus is that, unless you have a decent budget to start with, it is best to stay away from PPC - at least at first.
Adsense is also not such a great idea (in my opinion) as it needs to be set up properly so as not to detract from the content. Not so easy to do.
But, you did ask how to make money, and the very best thing that you can do is to scour your brain and decide what you know about and like ("And Like" is really important).
Develop your blog around that topic (posts and such), and create your own product; one product to give away, and another to sell. Your giveaway product only needs to be a few pages, but what if you were to give your subscriber (get to that in a minute) 20 pages of really good information on your subject? Your first impression will be much more lasting, and your credibility will go through the roof! As far as the paid product that you create, relate it to the giveaway topic, but don't make it the same.
Okay. Several people have already mentioned
the "All Powerful" auto-responder. The auto-responder is crucial to making money online (the way you see it supposedly being done by others).
I have gone on a bit long here so I will try to "Nutshell" the rest.
Your auto-responder collects email addresses, and sends back a message to your subscriber. You send out more great content to your subscribers (kind of like posts, but specific to your niche), and build up trust with those who are on your list.
To get people on the list you use a squeeze page (I know you know what that is) with the super-duper headline and all that. But, you also put in your sign up form that you created from within your auto-responder service.
Oh, I almost forgot, that trust that I was talking about building with your list, you do that with a follow-up series of emails that you need to write. Many marketers will tell you that a week of follow-ups is good enough.
I think that it should be at least 3 weeks. Just me.
That squeeze page (mentioned above) will have the "Plug" for your giveaway product. Then somewhere in your email follow-ups (5th through 7th), send them to a sales page for your paid product. Some might buy, or no one will.
So, at email 10-12, you send them back to your sales page.
And so on. These are certainly not set in stone, and will be varied depending on the niche, and product.
Seems like a lot of work? YEP! It is at first, but once things get rolling it is not as time intensive. Plus, once you get catch on to what you are doing, you will be able to get more done in less time.
Long-winded here, didn't do such a good job with the nutshell thing, but hope the comment helps.

imnathanjames

There are a number of ways to earn money with a blog.
You need a decent amount of content to get started, not a lot maybe 10-15 articles. Have something your visitors can read and get stuck into when they get to your site.

Then start adding traffic, paid or free. in my experience there is a huge trade off for time against money.
Free traffic can take a while to get going. some methods are quicker than others. Then you have paid traffic. paid is a lot better. it's more targeted and you can .

Then you can add affiliate things. try and aim for offers related to your blog and content. Offer these in articles and on side bar, footer's on your site.such as images they can click through with of course your affiliate link attached.

It's a numbers game from then on. The more traffic you send the higher the rate of click through you will get on your affiliate offers.

also think about setting up a free gift to capture emails. That is where the real money lies.

Hope this helps

Good luck!

charbens

Let me start by saying; you are already on your way to making money on your blog since you are getting some traffic already.

Now to monetize your site I will suggest you start with affiliate programs that are related to your site for example you said you currently write on web hosting, you can go to a site like godaddy and apply for their affiliate program and then add a link or more to your site when writing on hosting by doing so, your visitors will not find it offensive since the link is related to their interest and they may likely click on the link to buy their hosting or domain.
You can also try applying for Adsense although getting approved this days is link a trip to hell but there are other ad companies out there that will accept you with the blink of an eye. I will also suggest using in text ads although there earnings are usually low but is not a bad way to start if you ask me.

ivanab

I have to say:

CPA marketing

Affiliate Marketing

Google Adsense (and similar ad revenue sharing sites)

Having said that, that is the way to monetize your blog traffic.

What your blog needs is really cool content on your blog.

Sharable by masses!

And the best way to get started is to learn how to drive traffic from Social Media Sites... Such as Pinterest, FB, Instagram, Reddit etc...

I hope this helps!

Ivana

p.s. no matter what, build your e-mail list/following!

FreebieBoy34

Hello friend! Here are some tips to help you earn money through blogging:

1. Post quality contents... The more valuable these contents to your readers, the more engaged they are to your blog and gain more readers in the process...
2. Constantly update your blog contents and make sure it can keep up with the current trends.
3. Post these contents through social media to "amplify your reach".
4. Partner with the right affiliate company who can provide you the best tools or campaign to help your blog generate more revenues...

:)

mackrodd

Blogging Onlinee

There are Several Ways to earn Through Blogging, fiverr, elance, upwork, if you are passionate about something then its Good. for example if you enjoy writing then appl for a job there' for writing books and bLOG CONTENT for people. There hundreds of opportunities for everyone. Just choose something that has bi demand such video marketing, content writing, ebook writing, ebook cover.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
What you just described are ways to earn money as a "writer." Since the thread is about earning money by creating a blog, I am not seeing how this fits the discussion. Maybe start a new thread on how do you make money as a writer?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads