Is Facebook Ads providing Fake Likes?

Jared Smith

I tried to spend $10 into Facebook Ads to increase LIKEs for my FB page and I got over 2000 likes

But when I publish a blog post on my Facebook page with 2000+ likes then very low reaches. some get 2 reaches, even some are 0.

My question is, is Facebook Ads providing Fake likes or low quality likes who just likes and never known what they liked for?

samimnoorzaitgc

Facebook wants their advertisers satisfied. How would you tend to spend more if they give you fake likes? They give only real likes. If people are not too much engaged with your page/posts that doesn't mean the likes are fake, maybe you aren't doing it very well.

Ebris

Ebris
Hi samimnoorzaitgc, it's quite possible that I don't do it well, but I think more that I got my target audience wrong, when I placed my ad!

Samm

Hi Jared,

Yes, there was a study done on Facebook likes by a journalist. They found that the accounts liking their fan page were fake, from India and so on. They could be identified because their accounts had accrued "likes" in irrelevant, meaningless categories. Also, most notably, you will find that there is little to no interaction from these likes purchased via Facebook.

The purpose, to my understanding, is to purchase likes in order to not appear as though your site is completely new. It then helps you to start getting real organic likes via your home page, if you add the Fan page box widget to the sidebar above the fold.

It's useful to get the few first likes going, but having too many inflate the appearance of your brand can be damaging - especially when no one interacts with your posts.

Hope this helps.

PS: Recently purchased Facebook ads(different from likes on the Facebook ads manager) and these appear to have actually garnered real interactions and even likes.

jasondean

I tried to spend $10 into Facebook Ads to increase LIKEs for my FB page and I got over 2000 likes

But when I publish a blog post on my Facebook page with 2000+ likes then very low reaches. some get 2 reaches, even some are 0.

My question is, is Facebook Ads providing Fake likes or low quality likes who just likes and never known what they liked for?
Hi Jared Smith,
I know your trouble you met and want to share you my thoughts of facebook ads. :beer_smile:
Facebook doesn't want to do this wrong. But the agency you chose to run FB ads or yourself who run it DID it in WRONG WAY.
In one of biggest social network, fake reaction is something unavoidable. You need to be smart to make a perfect plan for online marketing. It's not a game, but a battle indeed. You, or success and even success more, or fail and fail.
If you are not a guru in Facebook ads, or not enough power (personnel, technology, technique, relation, particular support from Facebook). You should let it conducted by a prestige agency. They have business account and have a strong team with full technical skills to do it for you. And maybe you will success at the same costs you might be fail to do it yourself. Let compare!
But if you choose an account rented by agency, you'd better notice to which agency you are gonna choose and consider compromises they will give you.
At last, I think you're wise enough to draw your own way. Good luck!!! :hug:

Thank you for reading my opinions.

semidot

Yeah, it's true and here are many marketing companies available in the market who provide huge facebook like in a cheap amount. In the digital world, everything sold secretly. Never take digital marketing seriously because it is a world of virtual life.

ivanab

Ok, if you paid from FB, you should not be getting FB fake likes...That is for sure...However, from my experience...I've noticed... I really depends how you post your ad.

Image posts get more exposure for me.

If I post a link to my blog - it does not get a good reach.

So here is what I suggest.

Post an image and above the image, write text and a link back to your site with a call to action...See if that will make a difference.

$10 for 2K likes is actually very good. what kind of targeting did you do?

selenagomez1

I think this is true because some of my friends once told me that when he was in a facebook ads campaign for his clients, he tried to get more likes and shares for his posts. After 5 days, his post got 4k5 shares and 50k likes. However, when his client had a click on, the true statistic will show off, 4k shares and 40k likes. I didn't know what happened!

Does Facebook fake us to attract more view?

hynds

I don't think Facebook will provide fake likes, that maybe they providing you low quality likes. That means some less active account will like your ads and so that it doesn't get any engagement on the ads. People have just liked and forget.

So the way to avoid this, that is you need to re-edit your content, your images, review again your target audiences such as: age, gender, interest, country,...this will help you to target on your right customers and then get more engagement on you Fanpage.

Good luck to you,

SpainGolf

Rather than 'fake likes' what I think you're getting is a combination of poor-targeting and fake accounts within the target area.

Facebook themselves are not going to benefit in the long-term from giving you fake likes. However there are an enormous number of fake/multi-accounts out there trying any number of scams to boost their own agenda.

Also if you look at the ads on your own newsfeed you will probably come across plenty that have no attraction to you. Some people still click-thru on these (by accident or design) thereby creating an advertising fingerprint for themselves that isn't accurate. The system is imperfect but Facebook are probably not scamming you! 10 bucks seems a good deal for 2k likes but maybe not if they re low-quality.

EpicGlobalWeb

Wow this is just about as bad as click fraud. I don't know why Facebook would have to do fake likes just to meet their sales requirements and soak up ad dollars when there are over a billion legitimate people using it. Doesn't sound like they could get away with this for too long.

KleponPink

Yeah, it's true. Good number of likers got from Facebook ads doesn't guarantee good engagement on each post. Those adding likers action is only for branding and to gain popularity on your target market.

acemetillidie0001

Whether they are or aren't, there's only one subset of people who truly know the answer, but one thing to ask yourself is would anyone be surprised if Facebook wasn't providing fake likes? Let's understand this for a minute > FB has become a multi-billion dollar company and some believe they may have made it into the trillions. Their stocks are up to just over $120 which suggests that they not only know what their doing, but they do what they do to make people like you and me happy so we'll, well, spend more money.....

Ebris

Yes, I do believe that FB ads getting you fake likes. I've spend $50 for a FB ad and got over 400 likes. Was quite happy about this, until I tried to get people engaged with my posts. Absolutely no success. Sometimes I get a few likes and reaches but I've never had anybody commenting on my post......frustrating!!!
Anyway, I'll keep on trying!!

Sune

I ran a small experiment a few weeks ago. I spent $10 on ads and got between 1000-2000 likes (I was targeting a cheap demographic on purpose).
Even several weeks later, my posts still receive a reach of about 500 with a few likes on most of the posts too.

I was honestly expecting way worse, since I was targeting a cheap and often "un-wanted" demographic.
I'll continue experimenting in a few weeks and pump some more money into the page over the next several months to see how things turn out. Will gladly share my results later :)

Simon Baker

Simon Baker
Please do share, Im bookmarking this. Im trying to start an fb campaign and Ive seen some vids on youtube about purchased likes are worthless if you are looking to have them turn to leads.

Sune

Sune
Right now, the page is at around 12k likes (mostly acquired through paid), and it is not performing as well as expected. Sitting at a reach of around 1k per post. It is not bad, as the likes have certainly been cheap. But I think some of the first India likes are rather useless and actually hurt the page at this point.

I'm not looking to turn my likes into leads directly, but I think the YouTube videos you have seen are correct. I am getting some engagement (likes) but only very very rarely any comments or shares. Sadly.

Right now, I'm only targeting US likes through Facebook ads. It's way more expensive, but I think the engagement will be better.

Reactions: Simon Baker

Simon Baker

Simon Baker
Thank you and good luck to you on your US likes venture. I have a feeling you will get better results as US likes would translate to at least an actual percentage of likers reading what they liked and perhaps, just perhaps share that to someone they know where your content actually matters most to.

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
Today I purchase facebook page boost and $20 is already spend but got only few clients to my site and like is very less. Advertisement on Adword/Facebook is look like waste of money.

Don't waste your money in Facebook ads.

daniel27lt

daniel27lt
Yes, it can be very depressing using Facebook ads and Google Adwords. Lots of money spent, and no real conversions to call home about. The thing to remember is to change things around, such as keywords and try to target your audience. As if there is to many bounces and not enough signups or purchases at your site, it's clear to change keywords. Try to hone in on the correct audience. I have done a lot of practice in the past and have been successful in mixing things up. But I find Google AdWord to be much better.

jamalaldein

No, and never, facebook ads it only work on your way for choosing your targeting audience, and the best way is to use the retargeting strategy

Ingener

This is not too difficult to accept. Facebook has become the largest social network in the world, and no wonder they have cheating.

It is difficult for us that we can not know how they are doing, which can only be guessed.

I hope you next time will have more careful and accurate calculations.

Good luck.

khushi39

facebook Ads

Facebook do not provide face like even they always provide genuine one. If you are not getting enough like while spending too much on Facebook ads then there may be problem in your post. For Getting enough like you need to follow the condition of Facebook which is, In your creative only 20% text should be there, also target the audience that you want to because as minute you will make your ad as much as you will get the appropriate results so make your your post should not have much content and your ad should be targeted to the people only who actually want that after doing this you will definitely get the traffic in less amount.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.