How have you learned SEO?

lkovnih226

I bought some ebooks and learned SEO from there but some people like learning from SEO forums or learned SEO by doing real SEO on their sites. So, what is the best way to learn SEO from your experience?

jasondean

I bought some ebooks and learned SEO from there but some people like learning from SEO forums or learned SEO by doing real SEO on their sites. So, what is the best way to learn SEO from your experience?
I think the knowledge you've got is never enough. We are working in technology field which is renewed day by day or even hour by hour. I mean we have to update the knowledge, information,... from as many sources as possible if you don't wanna be left behind.
As for the best way to learn SEO, in my opinion, you should learn both offline and online. Offline means: books (paper or electronic), technical documents,... Online means: SEO forums, gurus, blogs, sharing from SEO websites,...
Last but not least, you need a skill to generalize them so as to make you sure you could understand and remember all.
Finally, learning and practicing always go abreast.

Thank you for reading.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
I learnt SEO from all sources and especially on this forum https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/10-Search-Engine-Optimization

I knew and learnt what was good what was bad for SEO from replies on this forum, I could filter and test them on some real sites.

Not only SEO, other aspects on the forum could affect SEO, i.e web hosting (for better loading speed), web design ( SEO on page, why not? :D), internet marketing ( include SEO in it) ..etc

You can learn SEO everywhere or even you find out a new way for yourself to make your sites on top search engines then it also was SEO, your SEO!

Hope it helps! :drink2:

Miguelito203

After you have gone through some kind of training program and forums to get the basics down, I think it mostly comes down to actually doing it. Making money online, like computers, is very "hands on." There is only so much reading you can do. Well, you can also follow people who you trust that focus on that sort of thing. That's about all, though.

Joey

mrprinson

I'm not a professional SEO marketer, or even close to that.
but I can honestly say that MozBlog is the best place on my opinion.
almost every topic regarding SEO can be found on this blog.
in short, recommended for Bookmark :thumb:

vps9

There are many Online tutorials and Blogs like MOZ will help you to learn about SEO, new Techniques in SEO. Google search engine Rules, and more. Register with them and get updates about New SEO techniques. Implement the basic On-page SEO techniques on your webpages and check the results.

imnathanjames

Hi,
I have always read books, blogs etc on seo.
I paid for a course a couple years ago and the information was fantastic. Over the shoulder tutorial videos really helped me with the technical details of seo.
Find a good course and learn and apply.
The best learning curve and experience is to just jump in and have a go.
Goodluck!

janejury

i am new at seo, too. now, i am take a course of seo and find reference at forum and internet. I think the best is the experience we get when we make seo to generate traffic.

vaughn

empresa87

I think it's easy to learn how it works. The problem is to get to work. I suggest once you know the SEO principles start working soon. At the same time you can continue to learn more and to test and see the results.

hynds

In order to promote your website using SEO, I think at first you need to learn from many famous and largest websites about SEO technologies such as: searchengineland, searchenginewatch, searchenginejournal, Moz,...they're all giving free basic SEO techniques that you can follow and practice. After that, you should apply these techniques on your own website with your domain and hosting, try your best to practical daily as much as possible.

I believe that you can get the archive after some months you try hard.

Good luck to you,

EpicGlobalWeb

For the first website I ever applied it to, I read "Search Engine Optimization for Dummies" and spent half a year re-writing the book in my own words as a teaching course. Then I applied the knowledge and it worked, almost by accident. Now I can do it down to a science but it's a little tedious sometimes. The info in that book is a little dated, but only a little. The principles are still and will always be the same for the foreseeable future (until AI perfects itself and Google becomes self-aware).

You have to get creative with back-links today. I get a lot of them from clients I worked with already but cold-calling businesses and asking them for one is good too. You can trade services for it or whatever the deal is. Remember, nobody in internet marketing cold calls anybody. They usually stay in their online space and never leave from that. So if you do (in general, not just for back-links) you'll be far ahead of the game.

StasVa

Actually SEO fundementals is not so hard to understand. You can find thousands of sources and on the most of them will be the same things.
And then when you actually will understand how search engines works, and what factors have value, or maybe potential can have value for Google and others engines. You will have a lot of questions, like "How to increase your website trust", "How to make optimized SEO articles", "What keywords to use", "How to rise your conversion", "What link are good for your website, or what links harming your site", "How to work with analyze your website or niche" and so on and so on... Finding answers to these questions, you will gradually become a SEO expert.

And I think the main rule, is that SEO is all about action, not bulshit theory. You need to test all those theories and ideas.
Even the greatest articles from MoZ blog or Backlinko may give some ideas or interesting cases, but all this stuff without real practise, can help you only to rewrite another SEO article "how to learn SEO" or something like this. Is not so hard or expensive to create a website (on Wordpress or other CMS) in our days. So create a site for the start not in a to much competitive niche and just hustle...

George Lucas

I had took coaching for SEO, but after entering into the workplace what i felt is the classroom experience is nothing and the live work is what makes you a better SEO analyst.

hrishivardhan

I have learned SEO from the internet. From where I heard this word and start reading about it in my college days and after getting some basics of it, I started to follow some forums and blogs on a regular basis like Search engine land Moz Neil Patel and SEO round table. Many of them

RebeccaDooley

The knowledge SEO never lies in the origin position. Many things matter when you learn SEO as from which source you take knowledge, such as Moz, search engine land be the best SEO knowledge gaining way! One thing more matter, Are you practically doing any SEO project? Because the practical knowledge is more important over when you learn and implement it for the SEO Project. I recommend you the best company i.e Whole Heart Marketing that gives online marketing coaching for the newbies who wanna to increase their skills and knowledge on about the SEO projects but also provide a skills to how to interact with the client when while working on the project.

SamanthaBrey82

I originally learned from reading tons of ebooks and forums. Then I happen to meet someone who taught me a really good trick that changed everything for me, this was back in 2008 though, times have changed.

Here's some good advice though...look at your competitors websites, see what keywords they are getting ranked for or targeting, see what backlinks they are getting and what marketing sources they seem to be using. Target those sources, but do a better job than they are :)

Or just target keywords they aren't ranked for yet.

Muzzamil

It is easier and better to learn SEO from books and other people because if you were to learn SEO by just testing it out, it would take you a very long time and you wont mostly wont know what works because by the time you are about to see results, google would have changed it's algorithms. So I learned SEO from my mentors and by reading books.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.