Desperate to make money online

Revperrin

How many of you are tempted to click on things that say make money online? How many have clicked on there ad? How many of you have paid money just to find out more? Here is the big question how many times was it harder than what they said or just a total scam? Here is a chance for you to boast about the next big opportunity you have found or offer.

Adamski77

I've bought many products, some are garbage, but occasionally you find stuff that works. Usually though, I'm guilty as the majority of not taking any action, and chasing the next shiny object/next big thing.

Action and focus leads to success... I'm trying to remember that ;-)

Most money made online is by the product vendors rather than the us buyers/clickers though I think.

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
That is the BIGGEST problem, most people do not follow through, don't take enough action, don't finish projects, don't promote projects. Not picking on you, just saying that is human nature for a majority of people. Most people want money, but sadly few have the dedication to see it though. Main reason I stopped helping friends start online, tired of wasting my time.

And this leads to people saying this doesn't work, or that doesn't work. Often it doesn't work because they did not work it.

Of course there are plenty of crap MMO products, no doubt about it. But there are also good ones. Ones people fail to follow through on.

I've read good and bad. Can't think or any one that comes to mind. Sorry, can't think of anything to recommend.

But we also can't be naive enough to think or believe that we shouldn't further our education. Funny how people have no problem paying for school/college or a degree and everything that comes with it (books, tools, ect), but they don't want to spend money to learn, grow or expand their online business. Big disconnect.

Well, just my opinion. What I've seen over the years. And not that I always follow through or take enough action. I am guilty too. Guess I took or take enough action.

As for product vendors making the most money, I don't completely agree. Might be true to a certain extend, but there are plenty of affiliate marketers that make great money. I made a full time living+ doing only affiliate marketing, for almost 10 years.

I believe it is mostly about leveraging what you can online. If your selling only your own skills or expertise, your always going to be limited because you can only do so much, there is only so much time in the day. There is only one you.

But if you learn how to SEO, social media marketing or listbuilding/email marketing, then you have the opportunity to build up something that could lead to big things. Then you have leverage.

It's all about the traffic. There is NO shortage of things to sell, that is the easy part. Be it other peoples products or services, affiliate programs, your own products, ect. Just look how many product there are to promote on Amazon alone. Or clickbank for digital products. You could sell your own ebooks for example. There is more to promote then you have time to promote.

I personally have found the best success promoting my own digital products. Instant payment, no shipping, close to pure profit. But that is me, every one is different. And even though I do not do it enough, email marketing can be quite lucrative.

Sorry to go on so long. As always, just my opinions :)

Chancer

I never bought anything for MMO. I see no need really, i just read a lot of sites talking about ''opportunities'' and then searched for more information on forums.
Granted i've found one or two great books (though not specifically about MMO) but i didn't buy them - i, ekrhm, borrowed them in the great ''library''.

i really see no need to buy any courses (or anything else actually) since you can find everything for free online - if you are willing to do some research.

My recipe:
- 1. make a list of things you know how to do
- 2. check online for lists of jobs that might suit you
- 3. check forums and see if you can learn to be good at those jobs
- 4. start doing it and learn on the fly (because if you try to plan too much in advance you will never start at all)

Chancer

i am an engineer by education so so far i earned with the following:
- mechanical engineering services
- doing some calculations for electronics
- CAD modeling
- CAD drafting
- teaching English
- translating
and a few others made me a few dollars

Books:
- the millionaire fastlane
- how to pitch anything

Revperrin

How to pitch anything looks sounds like a book that could help peoples sales skills. I like watching how to videos. That is the easiest way for me to learn. There are a couple good marketers on Youtube with very different styles and personalities that I enjoy soaking up the free knowledge they give. I haavnt bought any of their products yet. I guess I figured why buy the cow when the milk is free. That doesn't mean I will never buy teaching because all though you can get a lot of free teaching. Their personal techniques and experience earned knowledge has value to me.

Chancer

Personally i prefer text to videos because i always find videos to be too slow, but you can find some very original content on YouTube.

How to pitch anything helps with sales skills yes, but it also helped me change some of my mentality.

I think that buying the how to MMO courses is a waste of money because when everybody is selling 'how to' actually doing it does not bring you much money anymore. Sure, you can make a living, but i want more than just a decent monthly wage :icon_e_geek:

Revperrin

I imagine knowing things in the mechanical engineering field helps you have a mind to take bits and pieces from one project and apply them to other projects with a little modification. With the ability of learning by reading it gives you a better recall system that you can go back to. Just like physical things those skills can be transferred to internet things that aren't as mechanical but the methodology would work very much the same way. So what are your plans as far as the "how to" in earning big bucks on the internet?

Chancer

True, the ''system'' one gains from mechanical engineering is helpful but you get the really useful system after you add programing know-how and mentality to that. I don't know why but learning programming logic and modular programming really made a difference in my approach to everything.

However the engineering mentality can often be a setback as well because human interactions can be too... organic.
Also i tend to try and experiment with things one by one (try 1 thing, test thoroughly, move to next test), and this takes a lot of time so my progress is often much slower than it could be.

My plans:
I've chosen the AM route and my first website is simply too broad, also it's a SEO nightmare so i have let it slide.
I did have a sound logic behind what i did but my skills simply are not up to the job yet. I will return to this project at a latter time.

My mistake was on focusing on extremely high traffic, now i am making a 180 (hard pivoting). I am working on a new website with very narrow focus, easy SEO field and great AM commissions.
I will start with 1 product only. When i rank among top 5 in google i will broaden the site with 3 more products in the same venue.
After that i should be able to easily expand the site for a slightly wider audience and different products.

That's theory at least, we'll see how it pans out :)

Revperrin

I hope it goes well. I hope you found a nitch product in high demand. Years ago I had a internet business selling products and shipping them from home this time I am selling service that gets rid of the shipping night mare.

Chancer

Thank you, it should show quite soon. If it doesn't stick i'll return to engineering for a while.

May i ask how you solve the shipping thing? I am working on several physical products which i might want to sell by myself. I was looking into drop-shipping (from china) as a solution but i'd be happy if there was a better alternative (amazon seems even more problematic to me).
Shipping is often a major issue, especially for those who live outside of USA. So the right shipping solution could become a major international success.

Revperrin

I never did get that one to be a easy process since I was the one who produced the product. It may be a good topic for you to post about. Others on here may have an answer that fits your agenda.

Miguelito203

I haven't ever really fallen for any scams. I tried stuff on my own for months (and did a lot of research) before I bought anything, so I could basically tell if something was a scam, based on what I already knew. I found things like Wealthy Affiliate, stuff by Mark Ling, and Tiffany Lambert early on. One thing I have learned about myself, over the years, is that I'm not really the service provider type -- unless it's something I'm really passionate about (like my latest Amazon site). Even though I'm a good writer, for instance, I don't like writing - ha. That's why I like blogging. I can do it and get it over with - ha.

Joey

HighProxies

In my opinion, there are not any ways online to make money super quick. If it sounds too good to be true, then it is. I know that I have tried several years back to do PPC, as it was stated you could earn good money fast...yeah not so much.

Now I prefer to write to make my money. It may take me longer but you know what.....I have found something that I love to do and it is so worth it.

imnathanjames

I would say 80-90% of what i have bought has turned out to be complete crap.
I would say that in the past 2 years my attitude has changed, i now follow through with tasks and projects. But before i would buy something and let it collect dust on my harddrive.
My current coaching course, that i have been with for 2 years. Is excellent. Full of info.Updated weekly with webinars.
I am also part of an affiliate programme. Brilliant training. Very active facebook group. The support is fantastic, and i can see the money coming in from it. So i am happy.

I have bought coaching and general info products that teach nothing, nothing new or just over hype crap.
Someone may have earned $30 a day. they will over hype this and make out that they earn that an hour.
That it is easy, anyone can do it.

There is a lot of bull that goes on in the online world. People make a good living out of lying and building a list of gullible people to sell to.
I sometimes think that the online community would benefit from being regulated. But i can not see this happening.

Muzzamil

How many of you are tempted to click on things that say make money online? How many have clicked on there ad? How many of you have paid money just to find out more? Here is the big question how many times was it harder than what they said or just a total scam? Here is a chance for you to boast about the next big opportunity you have found or offer.
I have been tricked countless times where they pretend to show you how to make money online. However it is possible to make money online so that you can quit your job. Back in 2013, I joined many courses but failed. After looking around for quite awhile, I finally cracked the code and started to make money online through Internet Marketing. So I just want to say that it is possible to make money online but you have to make sure that you don't fall for phony tricks and courses. Good Luck to everyone on their online journey.

Cameron Hill

Yeah you really want to find a good course/product that teaches you things. There seems to be a lot of hate going around for some products, but I personally think that if I learn just one or 2 new things in the product, that will help me now or in the long run, it was worth it. Think about it, you might only pick up one PRO tip from a course you buy, and it might not be obvious then, but it may end up making you a load of money in the long run.

I went for Clickbank's course, and after asking them to unlock all the weeks (which they did), I found that very useful to help me understand everything as a beginner. Then I went for Build My List by Jimmy Kim, lots of great value in there. I think that was a bit overhyped (he sold the "done for you" businesses quite hard, but they're basically a load of bull) but don't let that detract from the good in there, he absolutely smashed it and provided so much value in there. And also you get 100% commission if you upgrade to pro, so you can make your money back with just one affiliate sale...

Final point
The amount of value I ended up getting out of both courses was phenomenal, because of the people I networked with and the mentors I found. Saved me days of time just asking them how to solve simple noob problems that can keep a beginner up all night, but that a pro can answer in a matter of seconds. I would pay multiple times over what I actually paid for access to those mentors. You can't put a price on that.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers

Cam

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies