How to properly marketing a hosting service?

eduardoleoni

Hey everyone,

I'm a programmer, my SEO and internet marketing knowledge is very limited so as my English proficiency.

All that said, I've been working, over the past few months, on a bespoken set of applications for server provisioning that basically provides customers (that I don't quite have yet) with a server that's specially crafted for accommodating WordPress.

In other words, a bespoken fancy server for WordPress.

Now that you have a background of what I'm talking about, here's the question:
- How the hell do I market that?

I've created a Facebook page, I've used Facebook advertising to get a few likes.

I even got a video made and ran it on Youtube ads for a while.

I started a blog and paid a guy to write a few posts, given my limited English.

I was told that I should give away freebies, so I started giving CDN for free, I ran a few Facebook ads for this page, all I got was fake users and people that aren't actually using the service.

I was also told that I should start an affiliates program, as this could cause a snowball effect.

After spending about 50$ just marketing that one page, I got one active guy who is sending people to the website, none of them converted, however.

Am I doing it right?
I don't know what else to do.

Here's what I know:
- There's definitely a big market and people interested
- There's a few big players spending A LOT on marketing, which makes their ad take precedence.

With my limited budget, is there something else I can try or do differently?

harrygreen90

More people replied to a same thread like yours here https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/9053-How-to-promote-hosting-services-to-get-more-sales
Hey everyone,

I'm a programmer, my SEO and internet marketing knowledge is very limited so as my English proficiency.

All that said, I've been working, over the past few months, on a bespoken set of applications for server provisioning that basically provides customers (that I don't quite have yet) with a server that's specially crafted for accommodating WordPress.

In other words, a bespoken fancy server for WordPress.

Now that you have a background of what I'm talking about, here's the question:
- How the hell do I market that?
If your knowledge about SEO and internet marketing is limited then you came right place to learn and promote your services. This is an webmaster and internet marketing forum where more people can help you, just split your questions into smaller questions so they can help you out or using search function on the forum. I am sure you will find out more useful answers for your questions.
I've created a Facebook page, I've used Facebook advertising to get a few likes.
Yes it is a way to promote on social networks but increasing likes is not enough to increase traffic to your site, you need to use more ways such FB ad, FB groups, share useful content, attractive images...to get better traffic.
I even got a video made and ran it on Youtube ads for a while.
You are using video marketing, but you need to do right way. Just curious, how have you promoted your videos on Youtube?
I started a blog and paid a guy to write a few posts, given my limited English.
Paying for writers is a good idea if you could not write articles but you should find good writers to write them for you, vice versa avoiding bad writers so that it can affect to your readers.
After spending about 50$ just marketing that one page, I got one active guy who is sending people to the website, none of them converted, however.
Am I doing it right?
I don't know what else to do.
If you don't know how to check your visitors are real or just bots then you need to learn it first before hiring traffic services to drive traffic to your site, some can send you bad traffic with no conversions!

Here's what I know:
- There's definitely a big market and people interested
- There's a few big players spending A LOT on marketing, which makes their ad take precedence.
With my limited budget, is there something else I can try or do differently?
Learn, learn, learn is the best way to have free traffic to your site.
Using SEO and marketing are free methods to generate traffic without spending more money.
I would recommend two these forums to start
https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/108-Online-Internet-Marketing
https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/10-Search-Engine-Optimization

Hope that helps!

eduardoleoni

A pity that the urls I left on the post were removed, I thought they would better illustrate my current situation and help people answer my questions and maybe give me a better feedback by looking at how I'm doing stuff.

You are using video marketing, but you need to do right way. Just curious, how have you promoted your videos on Youtube?
I paid to have the video (that I had left the yotuube url for in the post), shown as an ad, when people were watching videos of related subjects

Not sure that I was clear, but I haven't paid for any traffic other than through proved means such as google adwords (both google and youtube) and facebook ads. So in theory, no bots should be being sent to the website.

Ron Killian

As for your urls' being removed... your brand new here with only these two posts. You need to earn the right to post url's. Sadly too many hit forums only to promote. Gotta prove yourself.

As for your OP...

First off you know your in a VERY competitive market. Did I say VERY? Look at how many hosting ads and users selling hosting just on this forum alone. So that puts you behind right off the bat and probably leave you with lower conversions in the first place. Even though your hosting is geared to Wordpress, you know you're not the only one providing that type of service. And I am sure many people don't see the value.

You should post your site in the reviews section. Then you can post your link and get better feedback. No one can give you a good answer as we don't have the important details like what you offer, your prices.

Also, you said a guy is sending traffic but it's not converting, well, there is a good chance it's not his traffic, it sounds like you might not have the best sales/landing page. Not trying to be negative, just trying to help.

Hard to say with out more details. :)

eduardoleoni

Yep, I don't mind if someone tells me it's the website that needs improvement, in fact, I'd be happy if so, as that's something that is in my hands and only depends on me to get it right.

I'll follow your advice and post it on the reviews section.

Thanks

Well, how do I get to the reviews section?

LOL

eduardoleoni

"To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater.

You currently have 4 posts."

I guess I just entered a cul-de-sac

Older threads
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.