New Fad??

imnathanjames

Hello Everyone,

There seems to be a new site (new to me) doing the rounds on social media.

It's called steemit

From what i gather you can write posts or blogs and if people like what they read then you get voted up, get enough votes and you start making money.

There are people from what i can see that are earning a few grand from one post.

I have a post up, just an introduction. It hasn't made anything, doubt it will.

you get paid in bitcoin but can transfer it to normal bank funds.

Has anyone heard of this site or do you use it. Would like to know if people are earning from this or is it just another flash in the pan??

Thanks everyone.

Chancer

Ahhh yes!
I am on it too :D

I'll write a more detailed post about it tomorrow. At the moment i'm looking for people with who we could create a ''Trust'' - a network which works on 1 for all and all for 1 principle (meaning you upvote all my posts and periodically link to me and i'll do the same for you).

If you like the idea pm me your Steemit name and i'll upvote all your posts.

ericplotz1

Nah I wouldnt mess around with it.

THis won't do anything for you. Chump change. From my small amount of research I've uncovered this about the platform.

1. TO earn money you need upvotes from people who matter. Influencers on the platform who already have an audience.
2. If you want to make money, you need bitcoin. I'm not sure why and I'll have to dig into this further.
3. You can't cash out for 2 years. Sounds to me like the owner wants to see if this model works and if it doesn't he'll close down the company. All that $$$ you made then goes poof!
4. Sound like a Ponzi scheme to me. All though everything is a Ponzi in 2016. Look at the US government. So the fact it seems like a Ponzi doesn't mean it can't work.

It looks as though there may be potential, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Ever since TSU (an that failed horribly) many of these social networks come out claiming to pay their user. Never happens. I was supposed to get a payout from TSU. Their lawyer even contacted me to tell me my check was on the way. It never came and the lawyer in unreachable.

Ahhh yes!
I am on it too :D

I'll write a more detailed post about it tomorrow. At the moment i'm looking for people with who we could create a ''Trust'' - a network which works on 1 for all and all for 1 principle (meaning you upvote all my posts and periodically link to me and i'll do the same for you).

If you like the idea pm me your Steemit name and i'll upvote all your posts.

imnathanjames

Thanks for the advice Eric,
I had heard somewhere about the 2 year hold but wasn't sure.
That's a massive potential to get screwed.

Gutted about TSU mate, hope they didn't owe you too much.

Ron Killian

I've heard it mentioned lately, but think every one in this thread knows more about it.

How are people all over it if they have to wait 2 years? Ya, that should sounds shady. Poof one day the owner is gone. Thanks for the private island every one.

I agree, thanks for the heads up and your thoughts about it Eric :)

ZAPPY

3. You can't cash out for 2 years. Sounds to me like the owner wants to see if this model works and if it doesn't he'll close down the company. All that $$$ you made then goes poof!
Geez!

Is/Was this legal?

Sad to be working for 2years before getting paid!

Visited the website today and still getting posts plus the whois.domaintools website data says it was created on 2016-02-21 and expires on 2026-02-21, so appears aint going nowhere for sometime to come.

Has anyone heard of this site or do you use it. Would like to know if people are earning from this or is it just another flash in the pan??
Never heard of it until read your post and take it that you never joined up in the end to be able to report back?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.