Starting out on Fiverr? How to get your first sales?

melanymaldena

I've noticed that putting up gigs are extremely easy but getting orders just seems hard. Is there something I'm not doing to increase sales? Please share your experience!

Chancer

i have no experience working specifically on Fiverr, but I ordered 2 gigs there today.

I must say there is a flood of sellers and it is thus difficult to sift out the weeds.
The first thing which would make you stand out for me is if you wouldn't start your gig description with ''I will do XYZ'' like all the 2500 other sellers there.
I'd try something like ''You will get X+Y+Z''. And include a reminder that money is refundable if the client is not 100% satisfied.

To help you more it would be good to know which services you are offering.

Reactions: Sha

crzyoverlord

I made a Fiverr gig and it took me 2 months to get my first order. I finished the job, but my customer was happy in the end.

imnathanjames

I've noticed that putting up gigs are extremely easy but getting orders just seems hard. Is there something I'm not doing to increase sales? Please share your experience!
I have a couple gigs on fiverr.
The market is oversaturated because of new courses promising riches. The good thing is that fiverr disable accounts that haven't been active for a while. meaning they do not show up in search results.
The best thing to do in my opinion is to create a facebook page showing your work, with a link back to your fiverr gig. Then run small ads to that page.
I don't get any gigs from searches on fiverr, I get all mine from my facebook page and ads ran to it. You can target people in the ads who would use your service.
Hope this helps

Good luck!

TheStrugglingNewb

I used to have an article writing Fiverr gig that made me over $2648K in about 5 months. I didn't do a lot to promote it..

It basically took off due to word of mouth.

But if I were going to promote it, here's a few things I would do:

1.) Definitely promote yourself on Facebook like imnathanjames has already said. Facebook is a great place to find people who may need your services. If you offer niche specific services, find Facebook groups in those niches and let people know that you have services available.

2.) Make a YouTube video that showcases your work.

3.) Send out a tweet about your gig as well. Someone may see it and look you up.

4.) Ask for a referral from every customer that you get. This is easy, just ask them to recommend your services if they are satisfied with your work.

5.) Instagram & Pinterest are also hot traffic sources that can be used if you offer a service that features graphics or art. You can easily use those services to showcase your work.

6.) Make sure that your gig really stands out Look at what your competitors are doing to make their gigs stand out and do something similar. If they are using a video to promote their gig, then you need to use a video.

As you can see, it really depends on what type of gig you are doing.

Attachments

Miguelito203

I didn't know people still used that. Here's a thought. Instead of using a site like that -- where the money you can earn is limited -- why not start your own site on your own domain and bring in business by targeting keywords that indicate people are looking for what you plan to sell (a chance to get new customers on autopilot)? If you plan to be a ghostwriter or something like that, the amount of money you'd earn from using a site like F isn't going to be that worth it (once you take into account the time to takes to produce the final product).

Joey

ulterios

One thing that you can do at first to start to get some gigs sold is to offer more than the other sellers of the same/similar type of gig. You can do this at first to build a reputation and some good reviews then a little later reduce what you are offering down to what you are comfortable with.

Giving people more for their money is a good way to get gigs and build a good reputation and positive ratings. ;)

Muzzamil

You should try adding a video of your service. This way it will build trust and you will more sales. Also add some samples because this attracts more buyers because they know how you work. And at then end, I would recommend you to give yourself a professional look. Hope I helped. Good Luck!

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.