How to make money with graphic design?

fromrachel

I have been in social marketing for a while now and one thing it does require is patience. Sometimes when my methods/niches get oversaturated or seasons change I have some periods of time where minimal cash is coming in. I have a bit more knowledgeable in graphic design field which I used to create graphics for my social media and now I would like to do some graphic design odd jobs for hire. My question to you is, how would you recommend going about doing this?
What do you think the best way would be to get some graphic design jobs?

Thanks!
Rachel

Claire_Anderson

Hi,

If you want to be a freelancer? Then there are freelancer.com and fiverr for starting your designing career. You can build designs for posters, brochures, business cards or websites.

In fiverr website, usually designs are sold for lower prices. But earning through freelancing takes sometime, you need to be patient about it but you can work form home.

You can slowly build your reputation and then after some time you will start getting some clients. In the freelancer.com website you can start by taking participation in the contest and win some of these contests. They will give you a payment if you win a contest. The contest are from lower prices to higher prices. You can choose the one that satisfy your needs.

EpicGlobalWeb

At risk of sounding unorthodox here, I'd recommend selling your logo design for a substantially high price to non-profit agencies who want to funnel money to themselves in the form of kick-backs and tax returns. Is that wrong? :D

imnathanjames

your best bet in my opinion is to get started on sites like fiverr, upwork etc.
Start a facebook page showcasing your talents and what kinds of work you do.

Then you can run some simple ads to it to gain new custom. The beauty of this is when your other work becomes a bit thin you have this little side business to fall back on.

also look at things like t shirt designs, book covers, facebook ad designs etc.

Hope this helps

kurtramirez

I have been in social marketing for a while now and one thing it does require is patience. Sometimes when my methods/niches get oversaturated or seasons change I have some periods of time where minimal cash is coming in. I have a bit more knowledgeable in graphic design field which I used to create graphics for my social media and now I would like to do some graphic design odd jobs for hire. My question to you is, how would you recommend going about doing this?
What do you think the best way would be to get some graphic design jobs?

Thanks!
Rachel
Hi there you can try on fiverr network. Another is that 99design. I think Both of this will best for you. If it is possible you can one try with this both. I hope it will help you best.

1234nasir

Every skill has its great passions to earn a lot, just need to polish ourselves with vast expertise.
Be active to contact local market and online presence, the customers will ultimately hire you.

Yamada

I've seen graphic design services on Fiverr and Upwork. There are quite a few on there that offer their services to create logo designs. Some of the designs look pretty amazing. With your experience, maybe you can do something along those lines. With so many people starting on line businesses, I would imagine there are lots of opportunities, but it also looks like there is a lot of competition as well

RenderedElite

Wow, good job bringing back a thread from 2016 lol.

Oh well, for those of you who want to know how to make money with graphic design:
  • Freelancing sites like Guru, Freelancer, Upwork and Fiverr
  • Create portfolio website and Facebook Page to start promoting your work (yes, promote all your designs and only lightly promote your services)
  • Open local office, set up Google Business listing and advertise locally. Local clients are often the best, as they are more likely to continue using your services and there is more trust built as you're likely going to meet local clients.
Not much has changed at all since I started in 2007. I do think you should be on Instagram and Twitter as well, but the FB Page will get you going if you post in local marketplaces and groups.

YouTube is always good, as long as you're willing to make videos. It's a big commitment, nobody talks about how time-consuming it can be to edit videos, but the struggle is real when you're a one-man show. The results can be worth it. For graphic design, you can simply have sped up videos of you drawing with a graphics tablet, put music in the background and link to your website in the description. You can also make tutorial videos, as this will boost your reputation and authority as a graphic designer.

sonnyside

I haven't found anything sustainable other than freelancing for myself. I don't suggest using platforms like fiverr or upwork because they take about 20% of what you earn. That's way too much.

I would advise you to create your own landing page showcasing all the things you can do and clients as well. This would appear more professional as you portray yourself to be a trustworthy go-to person. Then, do all the cold emailing, posting into Facebook groups. Make yourself searchable by doing or hiring someone to do the SEO for you.

Being a freelance graphic designer can be quite challenging. You have to know more than just making thing pretty. You gotta incorporate branding and business strategies into it. Know about color psychology. The info in this freelance graphic design guide here could help. Good luck!

SteveFox

Nowadays there is a lot of good software to implement your creativity in a product. Some of them are used on cloud techs, so buying a powerful computer is not necessary

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views