What rich snippets can I use to show on Google search results?

Goliathstwin

I have seen websites showing ratings, reviews and a small icon on Google search engine results. How can achieve that? I heard that they are Google rich snippets and you need to implement some tricks or tips to show them on SERPs.

zaktomlinson

EpicGlobalWeb

I have seen websites showing ratings, reviews and a small icon on Google search engine results. How can achieve that? I heard that they are Google rich snippets and you need to implement some tricks or tips to show them on SERPs.
As the other poster said, visit schema.org to select and determine the category of your html which you want indexed as "rich."
A common example that you can start using right now is this: <html itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/WebPage" lang="en"> and you can, and should, place this at the top of your website's code inside the first <html> tag.

Most other rich snippets will be organized in this way: <tag>itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/MainCategory/SubCategory/SpecificItem</tag>"

They are most effective when you already have back-links and work well for articles. Another upside is that is will help your rankings for the time-being. As it becomes a standard though, there is some speculation about whether the Almighty Google will even need your website to show up, because it will find a way to index and display your site within Google itself someday, at least that is their plan. But at that point, Google will become self-aware, launch some nukes, and SEO will be irrelevant anyway.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.