Is Facebook Ad effective or not?

GordonJ

I spent money into Facebook ad with hopes to increase likes and sales for my site but I have got the result is zero. According to your personal opinion, Facebook Ad is effective or not?
and why?

TrafficDues

Well, I have been using facebook ads for a while now and honestly it's my main way to make Money from my websites.
I built a fan page for on of my website through facebook ads and corrently it has more than 60k member
I think the way you optimize your campaign, the targeted option and your niche it self are effecting your results

EpicGlobalWeb

Facebook ads never got me 1 job. Maybe I didn't spend enough though :/
Google Adwords worked well for me.

empresa87

It depends on the site's niche. Which is yours? Mine is B2B and does not work.

reCharge

reCharge
Thats right! Lets do a little overview.

Which type of audience do you need? They are more private personal or business clients/customers?

The first group is called B2C (Business to customer) Facebook is the more or less King of B2C advertisements due it's a place millions of people with their numerous intrerest are located and analysed which makes it perfectly for B2C campaigns. You can use search engines as well but these are much more wider in their niches which you don't want as an advertiser because you want targeted audience.

The second group is called B2B (Business to Business) Google, Bing and other SEs are more suitable for that kind of audience. But in the business world it is absolutely common sense to find 'special' sources in order to gain several advantages than the competition. So the acceptance of searching and finding of good business partners/sources is much more participated than in the B2C world. So a good WhiteHat-SEO strategy with solid on-page optimization can bring you enough clients as well. But this costs time (calculate with 6 months).

RebeccaDooley

Advertising on Facebook is easy for you and your customers. From a Facebook Advert, people can get directions to your shop, download your app, view your videos, add an item to a shopping basket or take another action on your website.

You may generate leads through doing right fb ads for choosing right keywords, right web page link & their target location.

KommerceAgency

Advertising on Facebook for product related website is good options, it spread your brand awareness to the target users and convert the visitor into real business leads. Advertising cost is lower as compare to other ads.. like Google Ad-words.

GordonJ

Facebook ads never got me 1 job. Maybe I didn't spend enough though :/
Google Adwords worked well for me.
I can invest into FB ad again but not sure it will give me a better result. If you have enough budget, which type of ad on FB would you try to increase sales for your sites?

It depends on the site's niche. Which is yours? Mine is B2B and does not work.
B2B is just a term, not a niche.

Thats right! Lets do a little overview.

Which type of audience do you need? They are more private personal or business clients/customers?
Of course is I wanted to find all type of audience that fit my niche and can send clicks/sales to my site. More people are saying to optimize FB ad to get better results but I don't think so, it seems need a special techniques or more experience on this.

reCharge

reCharge
Ah I see well ... how many clicks did you received? Sometimes the campaigns are good but the products/service can not be understand by the clients. I had such situation about 3 years ago. It was a google campaign with 5000 clicks with 100% audience match but the product was completely new so they was no market and no knowledge about that into the right audience. In the end the 5000 clicks went through 0 sales, 0 inquiries or questions and the project was shutdown after 3 months.
Well that shit happens sometimes especially when a product is new and completely unknown.

hynds

Certainly the answer is YES, it's still effective. In small and medium business, social media, especially Facebook, helps your business a lot. It's not only get traffic, get engagements, get visitor via social its also help you to build your brand awareness, sell your products, your services quickly with cheaper cost.

With Facebook, there have many types of advertisement on it and base on your business you want, you can run each ads types belong to it, example: CPC, Boost post, Get like, Get lead, video view,...

Hope this helps.

EpicGlobalWeb

You really need it all. Buying advertising is essential for starting any kind of business. Now, if you don't have the budget for advertising you can replace that with activity but don't under-estimate the activity required. The main purpose of Facebook ads for B2C would be to show-case products with high-quality video or imagery. In my experience is has worked well to create Facebook pages and get a following going, but not as well on its own to sell that much. You really need all the online presence you can get.

Muzzamil

I spent money into Facebook ad with hopes to increase likes and sales for my site but I have got the result is zero. According to your personal opinion, Facebook Ad is effective or not?
and why?
Facebook ads are effective if done right meaning if targeted to the right audience, you can get a lot of results. There are more than 1 billion users on Facebook so there is a plenty of targeted people that would be interested in your content. Good Luck!

EpicGlobalWeb

Quantity is not always as important as engagement when sourcing any kind of advertisement. One of the mistakes I made when selling web design on it was targeting "small business owners." The more effective strategy would have been along the lines of "local restaurants," "used car dealerships," and so on, to get specific. Also, it is much more likely that physical building addresses are in need of internet services because they tend to have larger gaps with technology in industries like food and other "old money" industries.

I can invest into FB ad again but not sure it will give me a better result. If you have enough budget, which type of ad on FB would you try to increase sales for your sites?
I would double down on my ads for the Facebook page rather than my own website and build an audience that way. I don't have a ton of time to publish my own content on the 30+ networks I belong to at the moment, but that's what I would basically do - funnel the ads to a facebook page, then use the page to funnel to a list on my site and collect emails + phone numbers. Then source that list with old fashion phone calls. The ones that don't close after 5 phone calls I put them on a drip campaign - that'd be the route I'd go.

All the experts would probably tell you something similar, minus calling your prospects, but I don't know why.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Ebook Giant

It seems all good until you get on it and realize that you have to spend a TON of money to even see little results. You have to constantly be adjusting, spending and optimizing ads until you find the converting one and that takes not only effort but a good amount of cash.

So if you have that, go for it.

EpicGlobalWeb

Ebook,

Although I agree with your mentality, do you believe also that one could test results after a sizable fan page is developed? You can make posts that look like ads and Facebook will give you insights on them. This doesn't cost money.

The Ebook Giant

Most definitely.

If you have a sizable audience you can try optimizing posts as if they were ads to see which one is getting the better data and thus you can leverage that for paid ads. That way you'd save a good amount of money and effort trying to find the right ad. Basically all you'd need to worry about from that point on is getting the lowest CPC/Reach so that you can make the best out of your insights and also maximize your profits.

William Bethman

Facebook ads are very effective for money making purposes.
Facebook places your ads with such a genius that they are shown only to relevant people and hence you not only get traffic towards your site but also earn a lot of money through these ads.
I think, mostly paid social media campaigns are a good source of making money.

kathyclark_sams

Facebook is undoubtedly the largest social network there ever was and is growing day by day and most of our customers are now checking their Facebook accounts more than once a day. So running Ad in Facebook is a sure short of getting exposure of your business to the million-billions people.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.